FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'v been given a mac 3 outboard and Im in the process of rebuilding it. It came without a spark plug and for now all I would like to know is what type I need. Type is TA636/FAA12
Start off by not calling it a Johnson. I don't know what a mac3 is, but the T636 gives it away as a Techumseh air cooled powerhead. Right? If so, this belongs on the "other" forum.
I'v been given a mac 3 outboard and Im in the process of rebuilding it. It came without a spark plug and for now all I would like to know is what type I need. Type is TA636/FAA12
i also have a mac3 but the problem im having is with the points, getting them set or getting new ones. The spark plug i have is champion JBC i couldnt see any numbers, hope this is some help to you.
So there you go, a picture is worth more than a few words. That is a Techumseh motor, similar to a whole mess of Eskas and such. If there is any part on it the same as a Johnson, it might be the cotter pin in the prop nut. And that will have a different part number.