Johnson/Evinrude question.

Normandy

Cadet
Is it true that they are going out of business again? If so, will parts still be available for repairs? Thanks. :confused:

Cricket Too

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Johnson/Evinrude question.

No, their not going out of business they are just being sold by Bombardier to someone else, I'm not quite sure who, but they sent me an e-mail assuring that quality will remain and parts will stay readily available. I think they are still being manufactured in the same place by the same people, but OMC sold to Bombardier and now they are getting sold again, but they say everything will stay the same.

D

DJ

Normandy,<br /><br />Bombardier is a little cash strapped right now. <br /><br />The recreational division is their most profitable. Thus, they can get some cash out of it.<br /><br />They have several bids on the table, one of which is from the Bombardier family.<br /><br />I see only good things coming out of this.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Bombardier is selling the entire Recreational Products group. E & J are only 2 of the group. And they are being sold to raise cash for the other Bombardier divisions such as transportation and aerospace. <br /><br />They (E&J) are not, by any stretch of the imagination, going out of business. As a matter of fact they are expanding. They have some really good ideas and some neat things coming, and its not just e-tec.<br /><br />As for who the "winner" is (as they call it), I think the top brass knows but they're not saying publicly. Anyway thats the impression I got from them at the MAATS show a couple weeks ago.