johnson 50hp 2-cyl, 2-stroke, 1996. Motor cable assembly connections

janul15

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello. My electrics at the engine area are in a real mess. I could buy a replacement motor cable assembly, and then plug in the 6-pin connectors to the corresponding ones on the long cable harness going towards the bow. My problem then comes with what to attach to the other ends. In particular, what do I plug into the 4-pin connector (Johnson part no.0512750) ( 1 wire coming out has become detached, and I can't see it easily). Will a wiring diagram help or a labelled diagram/photo?
Thanks

ct1762@gmail.com

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hello. My electrics at the engine area are in a real mess. I could buy a replacement motor cable assembly, and then plug in the 6-pin connectors to the corresponding ones on the long cable harness going towards the bow. My problem then comes with what to attach to the other ends. In particular, what do I plug into the 4-pin connector (Johnson part no.0512750) ( 1 wire coming out has become detached, and I can't see it easily). Will a wiring diagram help or a labelled diagram/photo?
Thanks
its all in the service manual. Or type in "evinrude 50hp wiring harness" on google images. Note: 1996- newer use your deutsch connector setup. older were big red plug type.

janul15

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Update with corrections; Looked on wiring diagrams, and parts list. The connector I am worried about is the 5-pin connector connecting 4 wires from the stator to the power pack. the broken/lost wire is , I think, the black/yellow wire, coming from the cable harness. Picture attached

Attachments

• 20230611_102105.jpg
    20230611_102105.jpg
    927.7 KB · Views: 3