Johnson 25hp

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I was getting my boat and motor ready for the weekend. I seen 2 grease fitting on it. I was going to borrow the neighbors grease gun Can I just use whatever grease he has in it? 2000 Johnson 25hp 3cylinder

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
I would recommend the Grease that OMC speced, or its equivalent. Mercury Marine also markets some Excellent Greases for use in Marine Applications.
Of course it is your engine, and you could use any grease you want, even Bacon Fat if you wanted to, but I say stick with the specified Lubes

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So the only grease in town I can get is water resistant heavy duty lithium calcium grease will that work? Canadian tire, uap, and the power sports store don't have any.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Where in Canada are you? No Marine Dealers nearby?

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ya Perth power sports. They only have a squeeze tube of evinrude grease but it not going to work for grease fitting. The closest thing I can get is the water proof grease from Benson's. Napa uap the only store that has it is in BC and can't get it until next week

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Ya Perth power sports. They only have a squeeze tube of evinrude grease but it not going to work for grease fitting. The closest thing I can get is the water proof grease from Benson's. Napa uap the only store that has it is in BC and can't get it until next week
sent you a PM

Ronniewhite

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I leave Thursday for the week for fishing. Will the water resistant grease be good enough or just wait until next week for uap to get it. I don't know when the motor was last greased.