John Kerry

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class
John Kerry visits a primary school and sits in on one of the classes, which is in the middle of a discussion on words and their meaning.<br /><br />The teacher asks Mr. Kerry if he would like to lead the discussion of the word "tragedy".<br /><br />So, the illustrious leader asks the class for an example of<br />a "tragedy."<br /><br />One little boy stands up and offers: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a runaway tractor comes along and knocks him dead, that would be a tragedy.<br /><br />"That's wrong," Kerry shouts. "That would be considered an accident."<br /><br />A little girl raises her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."<br /><br />"You are completely incorrect" shouts the Senator. "That would be what we would consider a great loss".<br /><br />The room goes silent. No other children volunteer.<br /><br />Kerry searches the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"<br /><br />Finally at the back of the room Little Johnny raises his hand. In a quiet voice he says: "If a plane carrying the Senator John Kerry were struck by a missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy".<br /><br />"Fantastic !" exclaims Kerry. "You are absolutely right. Can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?."<br /><br />"Well," says Little Johnny, "because it sure as he77 wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident!"