Job change

I just some input on if I should take this new job or stay where I am. SS mayfloat said it is up to me. I think for nursing it would be a great move. The job is in a emergancy room and where I work now is in a lab outside the hospital. I think for good experience the E.R. would be a great learning for me as a nursing student. What do you think? Sink or float

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Job change

I would "GO FOR IT"<br /><br />ER experience is a great all around skill honer.<br /><br />IMHO.

Triton II

Commander

Go for it Ms M. My two sisters are nurses and both learned heaps from their ER nursing - of course there are downsides, but they both say it was incredibly rewarding to save people who would otherwise have died. Now one works as a midwife and the other as a physio so they've moved on from ER but definitely benefitted from the experience.

crab bait

Captain

yeah, seems like the 'ER'nurses always get ammorable respect in their group .. <br /><br />like 'special forces' opposed to regular infantry..

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Haven't we been over this one already, Ms ss?

Sorry JB I am new at this and I didn't think the post went through so I did it again. Ooops

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Go for it. The experience that you gain working in ER is going to make you more marketable in the medical field. You would not regret the decision you make today but gain from it. Good Luck.