jet ski idiocy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LODI QUACKER

Seaman
tashasdaddy--- Why would you lock that thread and just what attacks are you talking about??

Did you actually read the post or just wnat to throw some muscle around??

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
Re: jet ski idiocy

Questioning a mod's decision is best done via PM, and having run a few forums myself, the nicer the asking the better the outcome, as it takes less effort to just refuse than to undo an action.

scipper77

Commander

tashasdaddy--- Why would you lock that thread and just what attacks are you talking about??

Did you actually read the post or just wnat to throw some muscle around??

I stand behind TD's decision. As I said in the last jet ski idiocy thread they always get out of hand and eventually shut down. If I was a mod (which I am not) I would probably grow quite tired of these jet ski threads as they are just guaranteed babysitting for the mods.

I am a little dissapointed when they do get shut down however as I find these threads very entertaining.

smclear

Chief Petty Officer

I was probably one of the posters that he was referring to. I did however apologize profusely in subsequent posts for coming off poorly. I wasn't trying to attack anyone, just a thought. I came off bad and regret my choice of words to try and illustrate my point. This is a great forum and part of the reason for that is everyone shows each other respect. I do understand the thread being closed. It seems the subject of Jet Ski's is a very sensitive one (again understandable) The thing I found interesting was we had one Moderator congratulate us on bringing the topic under control and keeping it civil.

TerryMSU

Senior Chief Petty Officer

The thing I found interesting was we had one Moderator congratulate us on bringing the topic under control and keeping it civil.

I also found that interesting and confusing.

In any case, sorry I created a fuss. I really was just trying to be a little humorous. Perhaps trying to add a little humor should be listed under "stupid human tricks while not boating/fishing". It has been my painful experience that some things do not always translate as well via text as compared to in person. (Guess you can't see my grin or body language thru the internet [and vice versa].)

Thanks,
TerryMSU

v1_0

Chief Petty Officer

I stand behind TD's decision. As I said in the last jet ski idiocy thread they always get out of hand and eventually shut down. If I was a mod (which I am not) I would probably grow quite tired of these jet ski threads as they are just guaranteed babysitting for the mods.

I am a little disappointed when they do get shut down however as I find these threads very entertaining.

I agree with your disappointment. Sometimes it seems as the moderators are a little too "trigger happy" in shutting things down.

I believe that a "moderator" should deal with the people, not the topic - otherwise they become censor. (If you look up the definitions of moderator and censor in the dictionary, you will see that there is a distinct difference.)

If a person behaves badly, warn them. Then suspend them, etc - deal with the person. Shutting down the topic prevents *anyone* from commenting on it, regardless of their good behavior and self control.

-V

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If you have questions, comments, suggestions or complaints about the moderation or management of the forum, please contact a moderator or use the "contact us" icon.

Discussions on these topics are not allowed in the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.