Jeep broken into again!

ezbtr

Commander
Idiots broke psgr window and stole fishing gear and baseball bat and canteen???? out of 92 Jeep!!! ****ers just did it a few months ago! Nothing else in it to take! Glad they didnt know rear seat flipped fwd., my tools were under it! Called cops and waiting now. I am sooo pissed! Didnt hear alarm, maybe was late or didnt go off? And to boot the ****ers took all my sons gear and pole/reel too! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This apmt. complex has a history of this, and where was our "security" gaurds????? The mgmt. has been told about this repeatedly and has done, NOTHING! Told them to at least put up fake cameras, they said good idea and did MADA! And I'm supposed to resign lease next week?????!!!!!!

Twidget

Commander
Re: Jeep broken into again!

Ouch. I really hate to hear that.<br /><br />Sounds like its time to move on.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

This apmt. complex has a history of this, and where was our "security" gaurds?????
Now he is at the lake watching his kids play baseball while he fishes.<br /><br />Just joken Heinz. I do feel your pain though as I hate a theif and a lier. :(

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br /> ... Now he is at the lake watching his kids play baseball while he fishes.<br /><br />
May be a little closer to the truth than you like to think about. Wouldn't be the first time.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Dangit... That Sux, Bro....<br /> :mad: <br /><br />Think i'd be looking for another apartment.. :(

Kenneth Brown

Captain

That does suck big time. I hate a thief, I wanna castrate them too.

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had someone break into my Wrangler a few weeks back at my parent's place. Stole my CD player and also the center dash facing as well, so figured it was another Jeep owner since they took that facing too. My own fault for not taking the faceplate off the radio though.<br /><br />I don't keep it locked. It's cheaper to replace a radio than a top. I prefer not to have some idiot cut my top open to get in.<br /><br />A client of mine had their Lincoln stolen right out of their driveway day before yesterday... worst part is... It was right around sunset, so still daylight outside and he was standing by the door and watched the Towncar drive right out of his driveway. He actually was there and saw his car get stolen.<br /><br />I agree with Kenneth. Castrate 'em.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep....I always leave my doors unlocked and never have or always hide anything of value in it.<br /><br />Here's a tip for anyone else with a soft top wrangler (with a soundbar). I put my radio faceplate, camera if I have it with me, and any other generally small item of value (pack of smokes :D ).....I put them on top of the soundbar, say in between the soundbar and the top. Theives seem to never look there. ;)

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

I park my Wrangler in the Garage. Only real safe place for a soft top. <br /><br />Sorry to hear about the breakin. Maybe one day you will catch them in the act. ;)

eeboater

Commander

A Jeep... Broken into.<br /><br />May their souls rot in H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks with the rest of the rotten POS's out there.<br /><br />I mean, think about. Thats like stealing candy from a handicapped child. A Jeep is one of the most vulnerable brand names out there since they spend most of their lives without doors or a roof.<br /><br />If anyone touched my baby. Their only concern would be trying to figure out how to get my pushbar out of their rear end.<br /><br />
1414024-jeepgrill.jpg
<br /><br />Sean

NYMINUTE

Captain

Got to be a way to set them up. Fish hooks on the door handles? Just don't forget they are there. Probably a law to prohibit that!

eeboater

Commander

I'm thinking run the current from the battery through the doorpanels... touch ZAP!<br /><br />Sean

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I've thought about doing that to keep the cat prints off my hood.....

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Damn thieves broke into my Suburban AT the Chevy dealer. They never called to say it was done, so it sat there over saturdaynight and all day sunday till I called to see if it was ready. They said because they invoiced the paperwork they finished their work and it was my responsiblity. I went straight to the po-po and reported, then called the Genral Magager and explained, he too kcare of damage and cut a check for my system. I will go back, however I will not leave it over night.

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> I'm thinking run the current from the battery through the doorpanels... touch ZAP!<br /><br />Sean
If you get this too work.........let me know how ya did it. :D ;)

eeboater

Commander

Actually, I have directions on how to thief-proof your Wrangler/CJ. It involves a simple toggle switch. When you have doors/roof off the Jeep and you park it, flip the switch. Then, when the thief's decide to hotwire it, they get it running, then it runs only for about a 1/2 block as it uses up the rest of the fuel in the fuel line and then chokes to death on lack of gas. It is actually pretty ingenious.<br /><br />Sean

D

DJ

Sorry to hear about that.<br /><br />It's not the vehicle, IT'S the PEOPLE. <br /><br />Prosecute those that get caught and we might be able to put a dent in this.<br /><br />I'll bet those those involved have a rap sheet, a mile long.<br /><br />We afford to many chances, for the crooks.

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

I don't think a 12v battery would be much of a deterrent shockwise. Now if you were to connect the hot lead of 110v house current to it then when they touched it they'd be grounded and complete the circuit. That would get their attention... change their channel right fast.

D

DJ

connect the hot lead of 110v house current to it then when they touched it they'd be grounded and complete the circuit.
Forget it. You can't afford the lawsuit. And, they WILL win. :mad: :mad:

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

eeboater <br />Many years ago my dad owned a Ford Mark III Zephyr straight six. It came with the switch you describe and worked just fine. Too fine sometimes, embarrassing driving along when it stops and you realise you didn't set that switch back to normal. Great thing about it was the car is in the open on the road when it stops so thieves are less likely to do much and run away before they become too obvious.<br />Ross