JB?

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Haven't seen him around lately. Suppose he's trying to get away a bit without anyone here knowing? Hope he's not ill.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: JB?

Hey JB, it's only a lil bit of thunder and lighting, you can come out now :p <br />I too hope that all is well, or it could be that he's spending time with family over the holiday weekend.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Actually, I took one of my Grandsons to CA to visit his Mom, drove 2600 miles in holiday traffic and survived. <br /><br />Yes, I will accept the Great Grandpa medal. Just tell me when the President wants to award it and tell him he will have to come to The Hideout cause I aint driving no more for a while. :eek:

fireman57

Captain

He'll be there the day that I finally get the limit of sandies that all weigh more than 1.5 lbs.

JB

I think you need a NASCAR license to drive CA freeways. Those 10 car drafts doing 90 in the left lane scared the snot out of me. :eek: <br /><br />The only CA Smokey I saw was busting an 18 wheeler, presumably for exceeding the CA 55mph limit on trucks and trailers. Seems to me that driving 55 in that traffic would get one shot or worse.

tylerin

Commander

Do it every day JB. Now you know why I am the way I am. :D Make a 9hr round trip up the 5fwy every other weekend to work my Lab in training, and my truck shuts down (like I ran out of gas) at 100mph. No matter how often it happends it still freaks me out. :confused:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

How long did it take you to get there and back. I always wanted to make that drive.<br /><br />Ken

JB

It was about 20-22 hours each way, Ken.<br /><br />Stopped at my daughter's house in Midland, TX and Phoenix, where I had a great visit with DJ, going out. Stopped at Las Cruces, NM and Midland on the way back.<br /><br />I don't drive at night any more if I can possibly avoid it. In my younger days I would have done it in one shift.