I've got a real worry

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander
I've been reading the stories and watching the news in the lead up to and the aftermath of Katrina and I've got a really bad feeling.<br /><br />I hope I'm going to be proved wrong but at the moment I see US oil prices soar and people complaining a lot about this. It's not just happening in the US either. In the UK we are seeing prices edging higher and higher every day.<br /><br />Now the worry that I have is that this is going to hit everybody in the West really hard: prices will go up, food, clothes, energy bills, you name it, if it depends upon oil or transportation then we will all suffer. <br /><br />And now I worry. I look at America and at the moment the news makes it looks like a wounded animal (no offence, just painting the picture as you'll see). Okay, the wound isn't fatal but it is a big wound, especially to the economy. You've got oil production shut down in the Gulf of Mexico and I read that a lot of refineries that are offline or severely limited too, hence oil prices are rising so high.<br /><br />I worry that this may just be the opportunity that the mullahs need to strike another savage blow to the economy. By targeting the oil production and refining capacity that is still operating it is conceivable that they will deal a heavy blow relatively easily to the West.<br /><br />I hope and pray that I am wrong. I just have a really nasty feeling that some people may see a wounded animal that is looking the other way and doesn't see the fatal blow coming.

K5WAS

Seaman
Re: I've got a real worry

At times a wounded animal can be a very vicious animal!

Drowned Rat

Captain

You don't know Americans very well. Adversity makes us stronger.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

I agree with what you're both saying, just keep your eyes peeled for any suspicious ragheads

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Drowned Rat:<br /> You don't know Americans very well. Adversity makes us stronger.
I agree with you 100%, though i wish that some of our members here would show that side of us to the world instead of pointing fingers and blaming those not affiliated to their political ideology.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Bro<br /> a very valid concern<br /> luckily so far the terrorists have no imagination.<br /> if they did the 9/11 event would have caused major panic if every major city in the US. however they were short sighted enough that while it did cause disruption it was about 1/3 of what it could have been.<br /><br /> yes its a large wound, a wound that so far is beyond what I think our govts, both local and fed, have a handle on. how many will freeze to death this winter in the north east and upper midwest cause they wont be able to afford heating oil at 4 dollars a gallon?<br /> <br /> all we can do is pray and hope that yet another major storm does not strike this year, even though 2 more are predicted.<br /><br /> how long can ya keep 20K people in a sports stadium? and that is just one place.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

rodbolt: like I said, I really hope I'm wrong and yes, like you, I pray that you don't get another hurricane (or even two as predicted).<br />Yes, it's going to be the poor, the elderly and the frail that will suffer the most this winter. I hope the government has some plans to help on that aspect?

capjack

Cadet

I also have had similar concerns. <br /> <br />I have been so un-PC as to google the demographics of new Orleans to see the % of Islamists living there. I've been suspicious of the violence there, because I'm seeing more and more of the twisted bed sheets of all of the enemies that are sleeping together .<br /><br />Here is an example.<br /><br />Flyer Calls For Jihad Against LAPD<br /><br /><br /> http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=17380_Flyer_Calls_for_Jihad_Against_the_LAPD&only <br /><br />
"KFI NEWS has obtained a copy of a flyer that’s been circulated in South Los Angeles, calling on members of two violent street gangs to join the Nation of Islam in a jihad, or holy war, against the LAPD."
Will the LAPD let this stand? Will the press bury it? <br /><br />If they do, if the PC mentality strangling this country doesn't stop, then I'm as frightened at the prospect for huge catastrophes as I am that these pools of sleepers and gangs and muslim/leftist alliances will eviscerate us from within.