I've decided to be a vegan eco-fundamentalist

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
I've decided that the vegans and eco-warrior extremists have been right all along.<br /><br />Today I'm going to build myself a boat from recycled organic cabbage leaves.<br />I'm going to glue them together with voluntarily donated free range yak saliva.<br /><br />It's going to have a new concept in outboards-the PedalRude.This will be entirely made from organic bamboo-on the condition that the pandas don't mind<br />Please dont ask about WOT-this encourages competition and we can't have that.<br /><br />Whilst out trolling for organic aubergines with my hemp fishing line baited with a soya-friendly non-hook I'll hide in the cabin to develop exactly the right shade of pasty skin.<br /><br /><br />Right.now I have the kind of life I need to be able to lecture people on how to live theirs...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: I've decided to be a vegan eco-fundamentalist

Shame on you! :eek: <br /><br />Your wanton slaughter of helpless bamboo and others of our plant friends is going to ruin our planet! Plants are essential to consume CO2 and emit oxygen.<br /><br />Now animals are destroying our environment by killing and eating all of our plant friends! Cattle and deer are among the worst offenders.<br /><br />Kill and eat cattle and deer. Save our planet!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes please follow JB's advice.... I hate the sound of bamboo screaming!!!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

NOS, I dont see how you live over there will all those Vegan types. <br /><br />On the upside, it is cheap entertainment to drive past them eating a huge steak, wearing a fur coat.<br /><br />Ken

D

DJ

I think that cabbage leaf and Yak spit boat is going to be as waterproof as a sponge. :eek:

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

It won't sink,submerging itself is just how it shows it wants to become more in tune with how the water feels about it.<br /><br />Besides, I'm planning on reinforcing the stringers with organic garlic and lentil bake.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> NOS, I dont see how you live over there will all those Vegan types.
I think if I lived over there I'd consider it as well, especially with the cows flopping around like Katherine Hepburn on crack (geez, I hope I didn't offend anyone with Parkinson's Disease ;) )

ebbtide176

Commander

u might have luck with using some freerange beehive wax to put over the cabbage leaves - if you promise to help the bees start a new colony by providing them a nice box, made with recycled newspaper strips and parking lot bubblegum. as long as it resembles a hollow section of native beachgum tree ;)

D

DJ

OK, as long as it's enviro. freindly.<br /><br />I think I'll pass on the invite to go fishing. ;)

NYMINUTE

Captain

can Yak mucus be used as a replacement for saliva in the event of a shortage?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I asked the yaks about voluntary mucus donation and they are currently holding a tribal gathering to determine consent.<br /><br />On a separate note, I am having problems getting on the plane with the pedalrude. I believe I'm having a tofu flow problem. I may have to build a bean hopper and go for gas assisted power.