It's one of *those* mornings

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Woke up this morning and thought I should check the clock. Yep, clock says 6:00 am and the alarm is set for 5:15. No alarm. :mad: I check out the settings. Everything is set as it's supposed to be set. So I try to turn on the radio but it won't come on. :mad: Slam down the clock/radio/cd player and go take shower. This clock has made me late for work probably 50 times in the last 3 years.<br /><br />When I leave the house, I bring the offending clock/radio/cd player out to the driveway and split it with my maul. End of clock/radio/cd player problems. Feel much better. :D And I don't care that I will be late for work and hit heavy traffic on I-80. I leave with a smile on my face. :p <br /><br />On I-80 I suddenly notice that the car is louder. It normally has a low growl because of the custom made performance exhaust, but this is different and annoying. In parking lot at work I look under the car and see that one of the muffs has a big hole in it. That explains the noise. Well, there goes a few hundred bucks out the window. :mad: <br /><br />Get to cubicle and PC will not recognize the Control-Alt-Delete command to log on. Try again. And agan, and again and again. Power off/on PC and try again, and again and again. No luck. Then I remember it is a wireless keyboard, go get batteries and log on.<br /><br />So, it was one of those mornings. As you can see I am now posting this message so the PC is working right. <br /><br />I'm now going to get coffee. Wish me luck.<br /><br />Mark

KaGee

Admiral
Re: It's one of *those* mornings

Welcome to my world Mark.... where everyday is one of *those* days!

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yep Mark, I remember those days. It is real nice to not have to worry about them anymore. Only worries are "do you reckon the fish are bitin today?" :D :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I glad to see there are others that believe in punishing household appliances that fail to operate properly. :D <br /><br />I do it all the time. The neighbors think I am nuts, but it keeps them away from my house.<br /><br />Ken

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey Mark - <br /><br />I remember having a morning like yours not too long ago. Everything that could go wrong - DID.<br /><br />When I finally got to work and things calmed down, I went to get a cup of coffee. While the coffee machine was working, I stood there gazing out the window and noticed a guy climbing up a construction crane across the street. It was cold, windy, and rainy and he was half way up about a billion feet off the ground and the whole thing was swaying back and forth. I smiled and thought to myself "Heh..my days not all that bad.."<br /><br />I have to admit though - I would like to try that guys job but wouldn't want to do it every day .. :)

eeboater

Commander

Mark -- I think the best solution to your problem is to get a new alarm clock!! <br /><br /> :D <br /><br /><br />Sean

aspeck

Staff member

Mark, if you go to bed earlier, you might be more awake when the alarm rings, and you wil hear it and wake up! HA!<br /><br />Hey, everyday is one of those days for aspeck! It is a great life! You just gotta roll with the punches - play a little rope-a-dope with 'em, and wait for your opportunity!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

gotta love it Mark .. the spice of life. :D

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

I hope you remembered to take out your favorite CD before you gave it the sledge treatment.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Ed ,,,, you shouldn't have said that... :eek: :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> I glad to see there are others that believe in punishing household appliances that fail to operate properly. :D <br /><br />I do it all the time. The neighbors think I am nuts, but it keeps them away from my house.<br /><br />Ken
Ken,<br />You don't think it's maybe the cowbell that keeps them away?