It's Official - I sold my boat

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
Sold, but for the greater good..... :D <br /><br />Well, wifey and I were thinking of maybe getting a more ocean-worthy fishing boat. Had an awesome summer of bay and lake fishing, at times 5 days a week after work, on my 1988 bayliner capri that I picked up for a song and dropped a new engine in last winter. <br /><br />Listed the boat on ebay, and though it did not sell I got an email after the auction froma guy in Maine asking what I would sell for. I said $3500 and he liked that number, so we arranged a day (yesterday) to seal the deal. <br /><br />I got home from work yesterday and he was in my driveway waiting. Looked over the boat, and I was going to run it in the driveway for him, but since he was early and it was a beautiful, warm afternoon, I asked if he would like a little sea trial instead (I wanted one last cruise anyway). He said sure, so we hooked up and dropped in the bay. <br /><br />As usual, she started right up, idled smooth, and ran perfect. Bay was a perfect mirror, clear sky, snappers jumping everywhere, a perfect day for a cruise. We drove around for a while, I urged him to really test it out, so we did some tight turns, and a little WOT blast here and there. <br /><br />Got home, hooked her up to his truck, signed the titles and said my goodbyes. <br /><br />Driveway looks empty with no boat there. I was sad to see her go, but at the same time, with this $$ and some more that I have from selling a few other toys we're putting a considerable deposit ( over 50% ) on a 2005 SeaPro 20' (21'7" overall) walkaround with a 200HP Yammie on the back, full canvas enclosure, and a roller trailer. I'm sure the first day out on the new boat will make me forget all about my first boat, or will it? I put countless hours into this boat in the year I had it, replacing the engine and accessories, reupholstering, building rod holders, installing electronics, general cleaning and TLC, etc. I just can't wait to do it all over again (except for the new engine part) on the new one! <br /><br />I'd like to thank everyone here for all the help over the past year. I went from a complete noob to someone who has completely repowered and restored (to an extent) a boat. <br /><br />Talk to you all later!

tylerin

Commander
Re: It's Official - I sold my boat

Guess we won't see you in the I/O section anymore. Good luck on the new boat

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Congradulations,<br /><br />But if you think buying a new boat ends your journey, enjoy the feeling while it lasts. See you in the electronics section in the next couple of months. ;) <br /><br />Does this mean a change in avatar for you in the next couple of weeks? Keep us posted on the aquisition of your newest need. (toy)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Ty - I'll still be there, I enjoy reading all the forums and will post where I can help. Though I will start following the yamazuki forum more closely! <br /><br />Pointer - I know! :) I was (and still kind of am) considering picking up a newer used boat, but I like the thought of knowing everything about the boat and motor from the day of delivery, and not inheriting someone else's problem or poor maintenance schedule. Believe me, I've been around boats all my life, and even though this will be a new boat, and old Stiff Nibbles was my first boat last year, I know that anything can and will happen, new or used. <br /><br />And I'm going to keep the avatar for now. Maybe when I actually have the new boat I'll come up with something new, but I'll likely keep the old bow light there. I still remember taking that picture, it was when I had finally completed the engine install and wiring and I could at last flip on the bow light (and start the boat!). <br /><br />And thanks!

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I always thought yours was the best and most imaginative avitar on the board Steve. Take the same pic of your new ride! Congrats :cool:

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral

Congrats steve!!!!!!! Way to go!!!!Thats a real step up that you will really enjoy and take it from me because I have been there 2 times before ,YOU WILL FORGET THE OLD BOAT VERY FAST!!!!!I guarantee it Charlie

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

if you really miss the bayliner, ill be glad to drop by keyport and we will go out for that cruise lesson we spoke of before. same boat with a o/b

Bondo

Staff member

Congrats Steve,<br />Boy O Boy..........<br />I'm going to Miss Working on that old Bilgeliner............................ :D ;)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Waja, drop me a line if you ever do want to shoot down and learn the waters around here, happy to tag along as navigator.<br /><br />Bondo, what can I say, but thanks, thanks, thanks, for all the help and patience. I think that last sentence might actually be the first halfway positive sentence I've ever seen from you regarding your favorite brand of boat! Now calm down, I said halfway!! <br /><br />Shooting down to the boat show in Maryland next weekend, it'll probably be the last price check before I drop a 20% deposit on the boat (wherever that may be) to get the build started.