It's COLD!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Well, this ole southern boy has never been where it is really cold. I had to come to Pittsburgh today....it's now 12* with windchill of 0 (and yes we were walking in it to the resturant).<br /><br />It's supposed to be 4*.<br /><br />How the heck do these people live with it. I have no heavy coats..Well I do, but they are all in Camo and I didn't think that would be good to walk into a clients office.<br /><br />Thankfully I'll be back home tomorrow to normal temps!

D

DJ

Re: It's COLD!

KK,<br /><br />Been there. Grew up in Michigan and lived in Minnesota for longer than I would like to remember. I recall, MN, weather being below zero for up to two weeks at a time. I mean a "high" temp. of below zero. Brrrrr.<br /><br />I live in AZ now. Love it..<br /><br />The first two years in AZ, I was a greasy spot on the sidwewalk, but I've adapted.<br /><br />Yea, it gets hot, I MEAN HOT!<br /><br />I NEVER, got used to bone chilling cold though.<br /><br />The happiest days of my life were selling: snow blower, ice fishing gear and winter "survival" (read coats) gear.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have lived in Ky. all my life and my location is a medium I guess. No real cold weather and nothing super hot either, just right.

dk990496

Petty Officer 1st Class

KK <br />Its not to normal here pretty chilly out there tonight but not as cold as there

KaGee

Admiral

Welcome to our world!<br />Below zero tonight!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

KK - next time bring the swim trunks - Cuz,Ya know.. <br />Its not so much the HEAT as it is the HUMIDITY ...<br /> :D :cool: <br /><br />
scr-polarbears1january11-2004.jpg

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

LMAO....y'all northerner's are some crazy folk! :D <br /><br /><br />Did I mention that it is COLD!!!!!!

D

DJ

Brrrr! That looks COLD!<br /><br /><br />That kind of cold will DEFINETELY effect certain body parts. ;) <br /><br />YIKES!

aspeck

Staff member

Want some warm weather? I'll take the cold any day! You can always add another layer, but there is only so much you can take off on a hot day!

aspeck

Staff member

KK, didn't you say you were in Pittsburgh? Shucks, no one would think twice if you walked into an office in camo, that is part of the PA landscape! It might even help your image with the client. One of the beauties of living in PA is you only need 2 outfits, one for hunting, and one for church, and most churches will let you wear your hunting clothes there also, just ask you to clean 'em up a bit!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

We're in Downtown Pittsburgh....I didn't see many hunters here..... :D <br /><br />Well, almost time to leave to go to the airport, so TEXAS....I'm headed Home!

NYMINUTE

Captain

From "DumbCity" Indiana a balmy 0* at 5:30AM. looking to a high of 28* today, and then break out the shorts 39* Sat. 42* Sunday. We are cookin'

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

-3 yesterday morn, 0 this morn. I just wonder whose roof I'll be on today for HVAC repairs? :( <br /><br />Best to dress in layers. I found these neat little things called "Toastie Toes". Little toe warmer packs that stick to the bottom of your socks. These have helped keep my feet warm for the unbearable temps.<br /><br />I to will be moving southward in the future. Just getting to old to be moving snow, thawing water lines, cutting/splitting wood, and just dealing with the winter in general.

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A balmy 19* and the wind blowwing 35-40mph. Not a bad day