Its been fourty years +!

LubeDude

Admiral
This sunday evening, I am going to be reunited with a long lost friend.<br /><br />When I was just a little blond headed little toe head, my mom had a friend that had two kids that were about 5 year older than me. The boy liked to fish and was willing to let me tag along and probably was the main reason I grew up a fisherman. Well, eventually he went on to college, and then into military service, and over the years we lost contact. His sister recently contacted my mom, and she gave me her Email address, and I contacted her and she gave me Jims Email address. Well, we have been in contact with each other for the spring, and he is coming down from Portland and spend a couple days. It will be my pleasure to return the favor by taking him Bass fishing. Wow, fourty years +.

Triton II

Commander
Re: Its been fourty years +!

Wow Lube Dude, that's such a great story. Hope you have a great time together and enjoy catching up 40 years worth of memories and catching heaps of fish. :cool:

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> Thats a long time, do you think he still looks the same? :D
Nope, we exchanged pictures already, niether one of us do. :D <br /><br />I picked up an old photo album from my mom to share when he comes. Has pictures of our birthday parties when we were about 6-10.

inlet

Seaman Apprentice

Congrats on living a memory that most of us have. For some reason our earliest friendships are burnt deepest.

LubeDude

Admiral

Just got off the phone with him, we are both like kids waiting for Christmas morning.

LubeDude

Admiral

Awesome, absolutly awesome.<br /><br />Jim used to live here and worked on a fishing boat in the summer between when he was about 15 and he went on to college. He arived about 7 PM on Sunday, and I took him to Winchester Bay so he could see the area where he used to work, he was amazed at the changes. We then went out and looked at the elk at the reserve, they were right by the road so we were able to get a good look. Then went home and talked untill about midnight. Got up at 5 AM and fished until about 10 AM. We had a Ball and the fishing was excellent. Came in and had a BBQ, took a nap and then went back out fishing untill dark. Man, the evening bite was awesome, we never counted, but we caught 2-4 # Bass one after another for about an hour just before dark, I had him using a hot bait, (New Rapala suspend bait), I used a wieghtless worm in the grass and let him catch most of the fish. We only caught two 10" fish, the rest were all quality fish.<br /><br />We had a great time talking over old times, and fishing. The get together couldnt have been better. He left this morning. We are going to make it a yearly thing from now on.