It's Alive!!

Sparkler

Seaman Apprentice
I want to thank everyone on this web site that gave me the answers to questions and the encouragement to dive off into the world of outboard motor repair. I managed to replace the entire ignition system, rebuild the carb and replace the impeller on my 1958 Sportwin Ten that was given to me a junk. It literally started in the first pull. Not only do I own a very cool litttle motor but I now have a puller for flywheels and a compression gauge! Thanks again for everything.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral
Re: It's Alive!!

I want to thank everyone on this web site that gave me the answers to questions and the encouragement to dive off into the world of outboard motor repair. I managed to replace the entire ignition system, rebuild the carb and replace the impeller on my 1958 Sportwin Ten that was given to me a junk. It literally started in the first pull. Not only do I own a very cool litttle motor but I now have a puller for flywheels and a compression gauge! Thanks again for everything.

Great! Now we've really done a good service if you write in next year and you have 5 more that you've picked up at estate sales and are restoring....

tjc360

Recruit
Re: It's Alive!!

Not only do I own a very cool litttle motor but I now have a puller for flywheels and a compression gauge! Thanks again for everything.

Every mechanical problem(real or imagined) provides an opportunity to get more tools. Its a silver lining kinda thing.:D