It's alive!!!!

ZmOz

Captain
Well, after two years of buying parts, buying more parts, cussing, buying some more parts, and then buying a few more parts, my boat is alive again! Just got back from 3 days of boatin' and drinkin' at the lake, and she ran great! The "new" '72 1400 pushed my CV-16 to about 35mph @ 4000 RPMs, which is as high as I took it since I was breaking it in. Few more days and I can find out what the top speed is. :D <br /><br />YEEEHAAAAW!<br /><br />
boat1.jpg
<br /><br />
boat2.jpg
<br /><br />
boat3.jpg
<br /><br />
boat4.jpg

brother chris

Commander
Re: It's alive!!!!

Right on ZmOZ! <br />Nice pictures. Where exactly is that place...it looks familiar.

brother chris

Commander

hey...where's the cowling on that bad boy? <br />Don't need no water in there interfering with that machine. :)

ZmOz

Captain

That's Detroit lake, here in Oregon. I had the cowl off because I had to squirt gas in the carbs to get it to start, left it off so I could make sure it wasn't overheating. Still working on some water flow issues...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Great pix, ZmOz. :)

txswinner

Banned

Wow what a beautiful lake. Someday would love to see your part of the world.

cntrydude

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great pics OZ!<br />It looks like that shoal area around the south-east side of the island is getting shallow!<br />Did you do any fishing?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Oh man! You have some beautiful country up there, neighbor. Beautiful boat too. Now come on let's tear up that water, heh?<br />Bassy

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Good job ZmOz. Also glad to see that Detwoi Lake still has water in it after a disaterous winter.

Moody Blue

Captain

Great shots both of the scenery and the boat in action. Hope you didn't combine the drinking with the boating. As they say, water on the throttle, beer on the pier ;)