Its a great day ,so far

LubeDude

Admiral
Well, Bood preasure back to near normal, the sun is shinning and I have an appointment to get my boat looked at, but not untill the 7th of April.<br />Baring any unforseen cercumstances it looks like its going to be a good day. :D

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Its a great day ,so far

Lubedude,<br />Did you receive the information I emailed to you?<br />Regards<br />Peterf

LubeDude

Admiral

If you are refering to the RX/7 info, yes I did, and thank you very much. Ive decided to pass on the project as I have too many Irons in the fire for now, mainly trying to get my boat going which may intail some expensive electronix! Boats first, right, at least I think I have my priorities in order! Im going to list it on Ebay for the guy! They bring &1500-2000 with broken engines. The guys like the turbo model for the V8 conversions, and this is a nice one!

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

You sound like me. Too many toys and not enough time to play with them all.<br />My priority right now is to get my boat into the water. Can't catch fish from a dry boat.<br />I was envious yesterday as I was at Lake Taupo (2 hours south of here) for the day whilst teaching some guys how to drive Construction equipment and the lake was like glass. Very bad look when stuck on land and working.<br />One of the locals I was with said that the Trout are starting to smelt now so that didn't help much either.<br />Just have to go back another day.<br />Good luck<br /><br />Peter F

LubeDude

Admiral

I know what you mean, I live on a lake and wake up every morning and look out over the lake with the boat broke, and here it is nearly April and no boat, Surprised that the guys here do not seem to be able to pinpoint the problem! It seems to me that with the symptoms that someone would know. I guess I will have to let the local merc guys try and figure it out. Man I hate being at the mercey of those blood suckers! Ive never taken anything I own in for repairs that I didnt leave feeling bent over a pole!!!

Peter J Fraser

Chief Petty Officer

Back from lunch. Been out to buy batteries for my boat, Starting and Deep cycle, so i am getting closer to turning the switch but I need to get all my electrical stuff out of the way sooner rather than later.<br />The target is to get back in the water for June in time for the spawning runs at Taupo.<br />I am lucky in that I have excellent workshop facilities of my own and access to many machine shops for any general machine work if reqd. There is very little work that I can't do for myself on my boat or find some one to pull a favour from in times of need.<br />Fortunately the Volvo Penta is a very simple powerplant to service. The biggest part is converting the engine to run on fresh water cooling and not raw water as it was and rebuilding all of the electrical systems.<br />We (family) have a beach house that is only 70-80 mins away from home and that is where we spend most weekends working on the ship as it is too long to get into our property at home. That is the reason for fitting up the heat exchanger so the salt wont kill my engine.<br />Our house there is only 30 yards away from the high tide line facing NE with excellent fishing grounds both offshore and within the harbour areas where we launch.<br />Across the park at home it is about 200 yards to the Waikato River with the nearest ramp about 5 mins downstream from home. <br />Lots of choices but I must admit that the beach wins most of the time even in winter. The view is always changing.<br /><br />Regards<br /><br />Peter