It's 100 degrees out there, but. . . .

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My tiny friends have left for Mexico.<br /><br />Last week there were about 100 hummers clouding around my feeders. They have been a source of endless entertainment all summer, sucking up about 25lb of sugar.<br /><br />My winter resident flocks of finches wont be here for another month. They will chomp up about 200lb of sunflower and thistle seed before spring.<br /><br />Now if it would just cool off some. :(

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: It's 100 degrees out there, but. . . .

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Now if it would just cool off some. :(
Send some my way JB, it's gonna start going the wrong way fast here in the not so great PNW. Sun and 76 today. Rain and 67 tomorrow. :mad:

Booner

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's cool here JB in the upper 60's. Today was the first time this fall I had to put on a long sleeved shirt. We got about a million gulls here. I hope they come down your way soon. Bird poop everywhere. They are not See gulls but I think Gilliam’s gulls is that right or does some one know the correct name?

Twidget

Commander

Are you sure Boomyal? It was 106 in Cleburne today, according to the news.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

They should be on their way soon JB.... we have had quite a few hard frosts and the mornings are back in the 30's.<br /><br />Bob

KRS

Banned

It has been in the 100's here too, where did this heat come from?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Twidget:<br /> Are you sure Boomyal? It was 106 in Cleburne today, according to the news.
I was born for heat. Just don't know how I ended up in this ...forsaken cloud hole. Now that we are here, I couldn't drag my wife away from it if my life depended on it. :mad: :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Hey JB, seen any doves up there? Rita blew them all away down here.<br /><br />Ken

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Humminbirds.. Finches... neat-o! :D <br /><br />All I got are pigeons (and plenty of em'), mean ol nasty blue jays, the occasional crow, and a couple of lil' green parrots that are up in the palm tree, perhaps making a nest (tall tree, hard too see)..<br /><br />The parrots are fun to watch.. Fiesty critters... Noisey too, but that adds to the enjoyment... :) <br /><br />I don't think it will cool off here untill around Thanksgiving, and even then I might still need the A/C on.. :( High 70's during the day would be nice..

Realgun

Commander

JB we had a humming bird nest in a W E L C O M E sign made of iron hanging down from the front porch.<br /> <br />Was real neat till we had to cleanup the poop. I took the W E L C O M E sign down.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Snow yesterday afternoon at the ranch; windy & 66 today! Nights are getting in 30's few days ago it was 22 at 8AM. <br /><br />Mud hens (coots) were rafted up on the lake. Then that 22 sent them south, now the ducks and a few geese are showing up. Elk bugling in the mts. Fall is passing through.

eeboater

Commander

Yeah, 40 Degrees on the ol' temp guage inside my jeep this morning on the way to work.

oddjob

Commander

I have a family of doves that adoubted me. I have to feed them like chickens before I leave and when I get home. Last night my son was excited to meet another tennent ( Mr. Squirrel) who joined the doves for supper. Since I've been using the deceased hamster"s leftovers alot more freinds have been dropping buy. :)

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

"Now if it would just cool off some. :( "<br /><br />JB, I think that your prayers have been answered, well, at least for today :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Can't be sure in Indiana, Temps are next thing ol' Mitch will tax, right after the daylight savings time tax. Otherwise 70's by day 50'ss by night.

LadyFish

Admiral

I'm looking forward to this cold front JB. We should get down to upper 80's during the day and upper 70's at night. The winds are supposed to be out of the north by later today and no humidity.<br /><br />Should be even cooler for you. :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yup. Cold front arrived about an hour after I posted.<br /><br />It was 60 at dawn and is about 68 right now, 11:00AM. :) <br /><br />I guess my wee buddies knew it was coming.<br /><br />Gonna get out and do some chores that I have been putting off all summer.

Ron G

Commander

Done cooled down here to feels like fall is finaly starting,im dreadeing the cold!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

It just hit here in Houston, man it was nice to be able to walk around during lunch and not have to break a sweat.<br /><br />It will be a welcome relief for all those without power.<br /><br />Ken

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Originally posted by JB:<br />I guess my wee buddies knew it was coming.<br /><br />JB, You can see that here as well, ducks, geese and even monarch butterflies will mass at the north side of lakes Superior and Erie and then ride the north winds across the lakes. Don't know how they know it's coming, but they do!<br /><br />edit: Realgun, just how much can a hummingbird actually poop?!?? :D :D