It must be mating season......

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Hi all,<br /><br />I've noticed a bit of a change in attitude over the last few days. Some of us, myself included, are getting a bit 'snakey', and a bit short with some of the less experienced posters. Particularly when there is a lack of information. We, the more experienced members, must remember that new members are just that, new members, and we should cut them a little slack. <br /><br />And to some of the members who are here just to wind others up, please stop it. It doesn't help anyone, particularly people who genuinely want help.<br /><br />This is one of the best forums in the world, let's all just relax a bit and keep it that way.<br /><br /> :) :) :) :) <br /><br />Chris.............

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander
Re: It must be mating season......

Right on achris!!!!<br /><br />I have become a lot more of a watcher than a poster and have seen this trend.All the more reason to stay a watcher.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

as a newish person to this forum I have found it helpful and entertaining ,but chris you are right a few oldies are a little testy at times but hey most of it I deserved and anyway if you cant take it dont dish it ,were all grown ups!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, it get's too sticky too fast sometimes, but it definitely ebbs and flows. I found myself in a little trouble with someone yesterday and there was never any intention to start somethin'. The thing to always remember, believe it or not, is stupid graemlins. Need to use them liberally . . . ;)

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

I have no idea what this thread is about. I'm only here to score an easy post. :p

sue5878

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hang in there Chris. I know where a 40lb Dhue is wating with our name on it. I think a day out on the boat will fix everything. :) <br /><br />Lets hope Bom have got it right for this weekend<br /><br />Gr

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

achris and others, I just want to let you all know that I am not here to wind anybody up, for the most part anyway. I do know that it has happened on dockside chat, but nothing has been meant as a personal attack. When it comes to politics, I love to debate, talk, argue, or whatever you want to call it. My best friend is on the other side of the fence when it comes to political views. We do this all the time. When I read one view with many on board, what is wrong with an opposing view? I am not here to try to impress upon anyone my intelligence or lack thereof. If all you ever heard from were "yes" men/women, where would we be headed. It is how we grow and move forward as humans.<br /><br />I react, overreact if you ask my kids, to politics and GW specifically, but no harm meant. I don't think many of us will be swayed at this point, but still interesting to discuss. So, when we find ourselves on opposite sides of the fence, I won't through stones, maybe just an opposing view. :) <br /><br />I can take anything you can dish out, so long as it's not personal. <br /><br />I hope no grudges are held.<br /><br />John

achris

Thanks for all the views. Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. The part about windups was with reference to the repair forums. If that's your bent, DC is the place for that. <br /><br />I wasn't singling anyone in particular out (I do have a few in mine, but they haven't posted in this thread, yet :D )<br /><br />I can take it pretty well too, and have never been known to back away from a fight (probably to my detriment at times). I still bear the scares from some scraps here. <br /><br />Grudges are never held. If I don't like someone, I just don't post in their thread. :D <br /><br />Chris...............

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

There are a few crusty old salts on the repair forums.<br /><br />Some questions newbies ask make you want to shake your head and say,"just take it to a pro" cause its evident they have no idea what they are talking about.<br /><br />But on the other hand, they are trying to learn, as evidenced by their post.<br /><br />I tend to give them a break.<br /><br />Ken

Originally posted by achris: <br /><br />Grudges are never held. If I don't like someone, I just don't post in their thread. :D <br /><br />Chris...............
Is that a promise, or a threat?<br /> ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D :embarrassed: ate is all I am allowed. ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by yingling-j:<br />I react, overreact if you ask my kids, to politics and GW specifically, but no harm meant. <br /><br />John
That would be President Bush<br />Thank you ;)

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Only in title. ;) <br /><br />Keep in mind, the last approval rating I have seen was at 41%. This means he has lost 10% that voted for him a few months ago. The greater the following, the greater the President. He is losing his followers. :p <br /><br />John

achris

Originally posted by Get Reel:<br />I know where a 40lb Dhue is wating with our name on it. I think a day out on the boat will fix everything. :)
You do realise I'm going to hold you to that, don't you? :D :D :D <br /><br />See you on the weekend.<br /><br />Another great win to the Dockers!<br /><br />Chris.........

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey achris or get reel, is everything down under as relaxed as it appears to be?

KaGee

Admiral

Maybe Achris was out to sea a weee bit tooo long this past time. :p <br /><br />Seriously, he has a point. I lost it recently when accused of "raining on someone's Parade" by simply pointing out the obvious. <br /><br />Thanks for reminding us all.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by yingling-j:<br /> Only in title. ;) <br /><br />Keep in mind, the last approval rating I have seen was at 41%. This means he has lost 10% that voted for him a few months ago. The greater the following, the greater the President. He is losing his followers. :p <br /><br />John
and he still has 59% arrg.. you are still on the losing end... Ted Kennedy drowned a young intern Bill C exploited them.. NO Big Deal...Hitarty and Dems says its OK.. your a PW2 type of guy! <br />Have a good life.. <br /><br />Link