It isn't just an oil question anymore

Scaaty

Vice Admiral
Does this sound familiar?<br /> :D <br />HOW MANY E-GROUP MEMBERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB? <br /><br />One to change the light bulb and one to post that the light bulb has <br />been changed.<br /><br />Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and <br />how the light bulb could have been changed differently.<br /><br />Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.<br /><br />Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about <br />changing light bulbs.<br /><br />Five to flame the spell checkers.<br /><br />Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.<br /><br />Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... <br />another six to condemn those six as stupid.<br /><br />Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the <br />correct spelling.<br /><br />Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to <br />please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.<br /><br />Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use <br />light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.<br /><br />Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is <br />superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light <br />bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.<br /><br />Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light <br />bulbs.<br /><br />Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the<br />corrected URL.<br /><br />Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant <br />to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.<br /><br />Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety <br />including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".<br /><br />Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they <br />cannot handle the light bulb controversy.<br /><br />Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"<br /><br />Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting <br />questions about light bulbs"<br /><br />Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.<br /><br />AND<br /><br />One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now <br />and start it all over again.

ndemge

Commander
Re: It isn't just an oil question anymore

Just to show how much we love lightbulb discussions:<br />The topics may not look lightbulb related, but the ole post pirates will take over.<br /><br />It isn't just an oil question anymore September 19, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />How do you conserve fuel? August 17, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />Blonde Joke Marathon July 27, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />WOW!!! What a welcome from all of you. July 22, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />If I dood it, I dit a whippin', I dood it. July 19, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />Having trouble getting up on plane. May 17, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />How many women... May 13, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />a WOMAN bashing joke( to counter gil009's post) April 21, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />How Many Time Have You Been Married April 18, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />A desk, lightbulb and watch walk into a bar... April 15, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />How fast is yours? March 29, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />Do I have a good case to sue this insurance company? Any Lawyers in the house? March 06, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />My amazing florescent light bulbs.... March 02, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />Divorse February 07, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />Butt Doctor January 27, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />some tips to help out heinz January 25, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />10 Million Candle Power January 18, 2005 Dockside Chat <br />Why do we like to be on Dockside? December 21, 2004 Dockside Chat <br />Good News Fellas!! December 21, 2004 Dockside Chat <br />EDIT December 20, 2004 Dockside Chat

cpj

Ensign

ROTFLMAO :D :D :D <br />That being said,you are dead on!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

...And JB, to move the thread to the "Non-boating Technical" forum

Realgun

Commander

:D <br />Dead on and its sad but <br /> :D

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> ...And JB, to move the thread to the "Non-boating Technical" forum
I'll probably get taken to the "woodshed" anyway! :D <br />Ps. Wonder if it has a hanging bare bulb? Might as well stick with the theme!