it fit before why not now?

Deimus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
From this past summer.

My neighbor has a boat that fits in the garage as long as it is at an angle. this past summer I see him leave for the lake early, I didn't have mine running at the time so I stayed home.

upon return from the lake after probably more than a few too many libations, I here him come home. he backs into the garage straight, running the outdrive through the wall. on the other side of the wall his unsuspecting wife was doing laundry. the washing machine nocked her to the ground. he unhooks the trailer, parks the truck and then attempts to close the garage door. hmmm? it won't fit. I heard him say. next thing I know he's out there with a sawzall and cuts a big raged "u" shape out of the door. he closed the door , went in the house, passed out and knew nothing of the return trip in the morning.

beens the damage was alreadt done he just left it that way. but his wife is still not very happy. to say the least.d:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: it fit before why not now?

10 tears ago, prior to his death, we kept the bass boat in the work shop. usually the night before he wanted to fish, i would get the boat out. well one morning he decided to fish, without telling anyone. when i went to the shop, the garage door was open, and 3 feet of the left supporting wall was pulled out, and the door hanging lopsided. apparently he caught the fender of the trailer and just kept going. when asked why he didn't call me, he said the fish were biting, and didn't have time.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: it fit before why not now?

It usually happens that when a guy finally gets the boat of his dreams or just a boat, the garage automatically shrinks. The rig is most times to long or the doors are 8' and the rig only goes in with a shoe horn. Fishing bud of mine has a 18footer....uses it for fishing mostly...he put another set of wheels on it so the trailer has dual axles. His garage is in an alley.....a narrow alley. When he puts the rig away for the winter, he now has to remove two wheels so he can make the cut into the garage.

Boaters.....gotta' luv'm.