It always happens this way...

eeboater

Commander
As many of you know I just had a marathon install last weekend of Pergo Flooring in my kitchen dining & bath.<br /><br />I get home from work yesterday to hear a hissing sound coming from my basement. Sure enough, water heater ---- dead.<br /><br /> :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: <br /><br />Thank God for Home Depot 0% Interest for 12 months... right?<br /><br />Sean

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: It always happens this way...

Shop around at the appliance stores before running off to the Depot. I found lower prices on our new washer/drier AND free delivery, AND lower price for removing old machines at the local appliance store (Hackettstown Trading Post). And we took their 6 months free interest credit offer. <br /><br />Depot charges $50 for delivery around here and $35 a unit remove/haul away. That would have come to an additional $130 Home Depot vs $40 for the haul away fee from HTP. Home Depot (and other major department stores also, I'm sure) are not allowed to modify their fee schedules. The local businesman is. He cut his haul away fee from 60 to 40 and called it a volume discount (two machines). <br /><br />I guess what I'm saying is take into consideration all the costs/factors before buying.