Isn't it Ironic

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Bush makes it illegal to import less expensive (but the same) drugs from Canada. Now that we're facing a serious shortage of Flu vaccine, who does he turn to???

1730V

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Isn't it Ironic

Nice try. Hillary Clinton sponsored the bill that made US made flu vaccines not competitive. The bill locked the price that the government would pay. A contaminated foreign source was the cause for the alleged shortage.

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

Let's see WillyB... Using only your text above as reference, I'd like to paraphrase: "our leader in a time of crisis, accepts medicine from Canada and France (by the way), for the purpose of potentially saving at risk American lives ..." Outstanding thing to do, employ tighter quality control measures on a single specific vaccination, be flexible with our general policy to allow for the best results for all of us. I agree, just had to clarify a bit.

KaGee

Admiral

Mention "Shortage" and people go bersirk. No one is talking about the vaccines that were thrown in the garbage last year that were unused. In excess of 1 million doses.<br /><br />Here is also another case of hypocrisy. JK & JE argue that trial lawyers have nothing to do with medical costs. The Cost of Law suits, compounded by the cap the Clinton Administration pushed through, led American Drug companies to pull out of the vaccine business.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I find a little irony in that, Willy. <br /><br />To call it hypocracy is to ignore most of the facts of the case - mostly I'm talkin bout what grandx said. <br /><br />But irony? sure, you bet!<br /><br />BTW, Kagee, not sure if this is your point, but last year's vaccine won't work on this year's flu. (please don't hit me over the head if you already knew that.)<br /><br />Thanks!