Islander?

blinkie2843

Cadet
So I think were the proud new owners of this Islander, it's just the proud part I'm not sure of. Someone wanted it out of their backyard and bugged me till I fianally went to see it, next thing you know it's in my backyard, good thing I've lots of room. So I gather it's an Islander, measures about 21', 160HP 6cyl. OMC, 700 series electric shift ? The interior, floor, trim is all junk but I,m not concerned about that, the hull seems solid no holes or dents. As a mechanic the 6cyl chev is piece of cake, I,m sure I can get good advice here for anything I can't figure out, like what year it is? It has a head and a waste pumpout hole in the bow, I have learn how to take care of that. The wife and I hope to have it out next year. Spent time on the St Lawrence and the Rideu Canal. Check out the pics and give me your thoughts. OK so I can't seem to make the picture upload work, I'll work on that

Bob B

emoney

Commander
Re: Islander?

Open a free Photobucket account. You'll thank me in the morning.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Looking forward to seeing what ya have there!

Glad you are a mechanic, you'll need to be handy with a wrench running that Stringer Drive.

airshot

Rear Admiral

Yep she's an Islander, looks nice as well. I have been a boater for almost 50 years and have owned many different shapes and sizes but my Islander is by far the favorite of all the boats I have owned. Mine is the 3.0 140hp, very easy on fuel (by boat standards) and the perfect size as it still towable. Hope you enjoy your as much as I have mine.

Airshot

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Yep definitely potential, stringer huh, welcome to the madness! Islanders are cool!

emoney

Commander

I like Islanders best of all. Can't wait to see you bring this one back to her glory. Good luck!