Isaac just won't quit!

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
This storm is incredible. I'm smack in the middle of the Florida panhandle and a rain band is passing over right now:eek:

My thoughts and prayers go out to folks to my west. The flooding is quite impressive.

Incoop, you getting ready for some wet?

emoney

Commander
Re: Isaac just won't quit!

Man, we are so thankful that thing decided to veer away from us. I hate it that someone else is getting it, don't get me wrong. I knew it was ugly when it made landfall, backed up into the water and made landfall again. That was definitely an "Uh-Oh" moment. Thoughts and prayers to all in his path!

kfa4303

Banned

This storm is incredible. I'm smack in the middle of the Florida panhandle and a rain band is passing over right now:eek:

My thoughts and prayers go out to folks to my west. The flooding is quite impressive.

Incoop, you getting ready for some wet?

+1. It was crazy here in town yesterday Richard, but today seems a little better (jinx). I hope NOLA is ok. I heard they might have to open one of the levees to relieve some of the storm surge. The good news is that it's supposed to rain for the next 4-5 day too :/ Whoopie!!! Good grief, the entire month of Aug has pretty much been a wash (no pun intended) for taking the boat out or tinkering. Rain, rain go away come again another day!

briangcc

Commander

We'll take it up here!! Lakes (and I mean the Great Lakes) are down 1-2' where they should be. Fingerlakes are also down drastically. Vacation spot was down a good 2-3' - Black Lake in Hammond NY.

Could really use a good rain right about now...farmers are suffering as well.

halfmoa

Ensign

I'm in Illinois and we're gonna get 7 inches this weekend. And we're already harvesting....although the field we got 4bu/ac out of was depressing to say the least we still harvested it.

eclipse196

Seaman Apprentice

Yeah, it was pretty bad. A lot of people had a lot of water. We took about 18" in our garage and workshop. Missed coming in the house by just 2". Many had water to roof or several feet in their homes. Water just now receded from shop area. Still have water around the house and in outbuildings. Hope this moved on to an area where a drought was ended. There is always good that comes from someting like this.

the vision

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We made it throught with very little damage here. I'm on the southeast corner of Baton Rouge. We had power out for two days, back on yesterday evening. One of my uncles had no damage just leaves all over the yard. My other uncle had one big tree come down. It just brushed his fence around the pool. Me and the kids will be going to help clean that up today. Our internet & phone lines were cut on the pole so 3g on the phone is all I got for now. Has anyone heard from Rooster yet? He is to my east. Just wondering how he fared the storm.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Haven't heard from Rooster or lncoop. Hope they check in soon. It's good to hear some folks didn't get totally whacked!