Is your company helping out?

Kenneth Brown

Captain
As most know I work for the prison system. We are sending all of our excess mattress'es to help out the flood victims. I am not sure what else the state is doing but I am sure they are other things going too.

Homerr

Commander
Re: Is your company helping out?

We just received the first orders for our equipment for the storm areas. I have no doubt we will deeply discount, or loan stuff to them.<br /><br /><br />H.

GrandLarsony

Cadet

Yes, my company is a major international consulting firm with offices in most major cities. We just got an email today asking us to all contribute something, and saying that the company would be coordinating not only our contributions but a matching corporate contribution too. <br /><br />I know that a separate email is circulating asking certain individals to give all or a portion of our upcoming bonus.<br /><br />They're laying me off on 12/31 but I still have to give credit for this. Not a terrible place to work, they owe me nothing.<br /><br />For those who care, my parent co. was #3 in loss of life at WTC on 9/11. What comes around goes around. We got. We give.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Ferried in 8400 lbs of fresh water & non-perishable food as soon as we could get emergency clearance from FAA. <br />Launched a relief effort in cooperation with FEMA, I don't have any details yet.<br /><br />Also begun local fund-raising for American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina Relief Effort, and for our own employees family assistance (about 110 employees affected).<br /><br />As of late this afternoon we still have 10 employees unaccounted for.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

My company made a cash donation of $100,000 and a large donation of toys for the kids who lost everything in the hurricane. They are also matching, dollar for dollar, all donations made by employees. <br /><br />I watched FoxNews and CNN this evening and it's just unbelievable what has happened down there.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Yep.<br />"Harley-Davidson issued the following press release Sept. 1.<br /><br />MILWAUKEE (September 1, 2005) – Harley-Davidson today announced a $1 million donation from the Harley-Davidson Foundation to the American Red Cross Hurricane 2005 Relief Fund. In addition, the Company will donate a 2006 model year touring motorcycle to be used as a fundraiser on TheTonight Show with Jay Leno. Beginning Sept. 6, celebrity guests will be able to autograph the motorcycle, which will then be up for bid on eBay. A similar Tonight Show fundraiser to benefit Tsunami relief efforts raised $810,000 earlier this year.<br /><br />“As the impact of Hurricane Katrina’s devastation continues, our thoughts go out to all of those affected by this disaster,” said Jim Ziemer, chief executive officer of Harley-Davidson, Inc. and president of the Harley-Davidson Foundation. “Our primary concern is the welfare of all the people in the area, including our extended family of customers, dealers and employees on the Gulf Coast.”..."

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

Our parent will send machines and equipment much as they did after 9/11. We will be out of telehandlers, grapples and similar equipment within a month or two. It will all be down south. We experienced the same thing after the hurricanes in Florida last time. <br /><br />UFM82

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

We are collecting donated items for those employees of our company who were effected. I would have to guess there were 1000 people in my company in the area. I am certain many will have to relocate here in Houston as the office in New Orleans will be closed for a while.<br /><br />Our company is also matching dollar for dollar all donations and paying for all the overhead.<br /><br />We are also sponsoring one meal next week for one of the local shelters.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have my vans out today collecting stuff, clothes, non-perishable food items, etc to be put on a truck that is sponsored by a local group up here called Safe Harbor. They will be heading that way in the next week or 2 as soon as they get the go ahead to proceed down that way.<br /><br />I have also opened a bank account for the Katrina Relief Fund and am working with ChaosDad and people he knows to get the funds to some local folks down there.<br /><br />I feel it is better to concentrate the efforts at 1 area with the limited funds I will be getting in rather that throw it all at the Red Cross and not knowing for sure if it will get to someone that needs it or not.<br /><br />Just MHO on the deal, but yea, mine is helping out.

ehenry

Commander

Looks like my company due to the gas situation here is going to go to a skeleton crew and let most of us work from home.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Yes, our company sent 2 helicopters and 1 fixed wing aircraft from the Birmingham market to transport patients out of area hospitals. We have also offered helicopters from the Arizona market, but we're still waiting to hear if they want them or not.