is this normal?

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class
so me and the family were out on the trent today, we were cruising back and out of the corner of my eye i see my sons shirt fly out of the back of the boat so i stop pretty quickly quicker then i wanted to to be honest but i go to put it in forward and there is nothing just reving up, so i bring up the outdrive and the damn prop fell off, which sucks cause this was the 3rd time it was in the water with this prop

it was a 21p 4 blade solas rubex, and i have a 98 tahoe q5 with a merc 4.3 alpha 1 gen 2

the hub was still there looks like the prop just slid off it, now i went by the directions on the box on how it was supposed to be installed, kinda pissed makes me not want to buy these props with the interchangeable hubs anymore

and to add insult to injury when i was putting my spare on some big boat went by us and washed my hub nut off the back of the boat so i still needed a tow to the nearest marina, so now when i go buy a new prop im getting a handfull of new nuts for my tool kit i keep on board

agallant80

Commander
Re: is this normal?

There isnlikenanlocknwasher with tabs. Did you bend them down?

carey965

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: is this normal?

Oh ya. All that was still on the spindle it was like the prop just slipped off the hub