Is this normal? Do I expect too much?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
On June 2 I bought an item on eBay. Through my error, Paypal sent the seller my mail address rather than my shipping address.<br /><br />On June 3, the seller printed a shipping label with an unshippable address on it, and the shipper picked it up with an unshippable address on the label. They scanned the label in Anaheim (with an unshippable address) and shipped it to Ft. Worth, where it was scanned at a sorting facility and sent to a "facility" where it was scanned again on June 4. Meanwhile the shipper ignored my Email including the correct shipping address.<br /><br />June 7, they returned to the seller as undeliverable. I finally got the sellers attention by Email and he charged me an additional $40 to reship with the correct address on it. The shipper picked it up again on June 8.<br /><br />The scheduled delivery was June 11. It has been bouncing around from facility to facility in Ft. Worth. Yesterday I called and was promised a delivery "not later than June 15".<br /><br />I just checked the tracking. It is still in Ft. Worth. Delivery is now scheduled for June 16.<br /><br />ROWRBAZZLE PERGACLOSIKPEP!!! :(

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Is this normal? Do I expect too much?

Hello JB,<br />I had a weird one from a buyer in the Netherlands.<br /><br />Initial PayPal payment had an address, kinda strange looking. I packed and shipped via USPS. Woman at USPS counter said addy looked strange. I shipped anyhoo.<br /><br />Next day another PayPal from same guy. Double pay and yet another addy.<br /><br />I emailed the guy explaining whats up, as well as refunded his duplicate payment. Asked him to please email, stay in touch on this one as the first addy looked weird. <br /><br />Never heard from the guy again. No Ebay feedback either.<br /><br />Go figure.....still scratching my "ditto" over that one.<br /><br />PC

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

JB, it's hard to swallow, but if you made the error then I'd expect that you'd have to pay the penalty. As far as the shipper's culpability, well you'd have to find out if they have any allowances/policies for trying to redirect a package in mid-flight. Some over the road freight companies will do that but I don't know for small package/high volume carriers like UPS, Fedex, etc.

ndemge

Commander

Forget trying to get a package re-directed via Fedex or UPS... Not going to happen.<br /><br />Getting close to 4th of july, I'm getting very busy, if someone doesn't put the correct address on their paypal payment, they better let me know that same day or it's probably too late.<br /><br />Bummer on the double shipping cost, but luckily you had someone that at least re-sent.

butlp

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have had similar problems and now contact the seller before I bid to make sure they will ship to a different address than my paypal account. Many vendors will only ship to a confirmed paypal billing address which is a real pain. I can't understand what their issue is, if they have your money then what do they care where you ship it too!

JB

Well, the unnamed shipper still has it in Ft. Worth. Six days now and can't tell me when they will deliver it. Of course, the last three times they told me a date they didn't deliver. Maybe they don't want to tell another lie.<br /><br />The only difference between my mail address and my shipping address is a P.O. Box number or a road address. My gripe is that at least six people looked at the label and didn't notice that it had a P.O. box number. They kept it six days before they returned it.<br /><br />I wish I did (get what I pay for), MY. I paid TWICE and I still can't get my item delivered. :(

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br /> u get what u pay for...
Only thing I learned in college:<br /><br />You don't always get what you pay for.<br />But you always pay for what you get.<br /><br /><br />Or, in this case, don't get.

JB

Well, now it is the evening of June 18.<br /><br />My package was sent to the delivery site three times. Three times they returned it to sorting station, saying "We don't deliver to Whitt, TX" Three times they were right, but they are SUPPOSED to deliver to Whitt, TX and didn't know it.<br /><br />Yesterday I spoke to four different polite people who really tried to help. They finally convinced the manager of the delivery site that he was supposed to deliver to Whitt. This morning, I spoke to the QA person at 6:00AM to be sure my package really got put on a van. She said, "We don't deliver to Whitt, only to Parker County." I was rather harsh, but not rude, and explained to her that if she would refer to a map, Whitt is IN Parker County. She put the package on the van.<br /><br />I breathed a sigh of relief. Not a good idea.<br /><br />This evening, the driver returned the package to the delivery site and said it has an incorrect address.<br /><br />I have now spoken to three more polite people who really tried to help.<br /><br />I finally told the manager of the delivery site that if I don't have my package tomorrow I will have their major competitor pick it up and bring it to me.<br /><br />I am not breathing a sigh of relief. :(

ob

Admiral

Welcome to the world of mega million dollar shipping company incompetent ball passing mis-information. :( <br /><br />What can you do?<br /><br />I'm sure that down deep inside that they could care less if you use another competitor company.They obviously have more business than they can handle now.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

if it was shipped on UPS or fed-ex, the shipping<br />charges should now be credited in full for not<br />delivering on time. of course, you would have to<br />get a refund from the seller JB.<br />can't tell you the number of times MY paypal note<br />said: PO box for US mail ONLY!<br />good luck,<br />M.Y.

JB

Thanks for the idea, MY. I asked that the charges be refunded and they agreed to do that.<br /><br />They also revealed that they don't operate on weekends (ground), so next chance is Monday, the 21st.<br /><br />I will keep y'all advised.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

Ok...I know it is almost a year later...but I started reading old thread about paypal and ebay and now I am caught up in this story...I MUST KNOW THE OUTCOME!!! Have you received the pacakge YET?!?!<br /><br />-JustMrWill

ndemge

Commander

So long and thanks for all the fish!

JB

Hmmmm. How did I forget to finish the story?<br /><br />It was delivered on the 22nd. They never did refund the shipping charges.<br /><br />I wont use FedEx again. . . .ever.

JustMrWill

Sorry to hi-jack..was going for Don't Panic as a name...since I am an novice boater...but finally settled on Mostly Harmless...but "So Long and Thanks for all the Fish" will work nicely..maybe on my next one. Just re-reading the 6 book trilogy now...movie coming out this summer I believe.<br /><br />JB,<br />Glad to hear that it (sorta) worked out. :cool:<br /><br />JustMrWill

ndemge

Commander

I still have yet to sit my butt down and read the book. Now that I saw the trailer for the movie, I'm going to borrow the set from my brother and finally read it.<br /><br />It's only 42 pages, can't be that bad.

JustMrWill

The trailer looks like it is going to be a flop...it looks even more campy than the books and that is REAL tough to do! <br /><br />The Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide is 815 pages long and contains:<br />1. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy<br />2. The Resturant at the End of the Universe<br />3. Life, the Universe and Everything<br />4. So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish<br />5. Young Zaphod Plays it Safe<br />6. Mostly Harmless<br />all in a nice leather-bound book.<br /><br />JustMrWill

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Mrwill, is Arthur Dent still hanging out with Trillian????I am still interested in finding out what happened to AGRASHAG in his cave.Did he ever get reincarnated??