Is this boat overpriced?

agallant80

Commander
Re: Is this boat overpriced?

Yes but he could have added fluff in to the price knowing that someone no matter what would talk him down. I think there was a thread going a few days ago about boat value guiides. I don't think they include the trailer.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don't think so. You don't see nice condition v-drives or direct drives around here for that price.

It looks really clean. The perfect pass is a thousand dollar add on.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Looks about right for price with quite a bit of wiggle room built in. Looks to be in very good condition, and comes with the sacs + perfect pass. Only thing that would concern me is there are no tabs or wedge, so you have no attitude/wake control at all.

salty87

Commander

v drive, tower, perfect pass...not a bad price but kind of an oddball being an inboard. did maxum make many inboards? i've never seen one or heard of one before. is that an i/o hull with an inboard? i wonder how it handles and what the wake is like.

sktn77a

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Any item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Have you seen the boat? Is it in as good condition as it appears? How badly do you want it?

oldjeep

Admiral

v drive, tower, perfect pass...not a bad price but kind of an oddball being an inboard. did maxum make many inboards? i've never seen one or heard of one before. is that an i/o hull with an inboard? i wonder how it handles and what the wake is like.

Bayliner/Maxum made a few inboards and a few v drives like the one he is looking at. They all look kind of odd, like someone transplanted an inboard into a runabout. I'd be curious how it rides since the front hull design doesn't really jive with the way a ski boat hull is built.

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Any item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Have you seen the boat? Is it in as good condition as it appears? How badly do you want it?

That's it right there just what he said.

If YOU like the boat, is exactly what you've been looking for and gets checked out mechanically to your satisfaction then toss any of the guides out the window and pay what you need to and become the new owner. That simple.

Mark

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The majority of boats being sold this time of year will be overpriced. Just a matter of how far you can talk the owners down and if you can live with that price.... May find good deals on snowmobiles right now.........:)