Is this a scam or legit business

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class
My wife is still looking for a job (6 months and counting) she has filled out resume's on a lot of job sites (monster, career builder, etc). She just received this reply today from a company claiming to be from Austrailia looking for a Financial representative, what is everyone's opinion on this. :eek: <br /><br /><br />
<br />Financial representative <br />Name of our company AMG " Australian Mediamarket Of the Groups "<br />In connection with expansion of client base we collect new employees.<br /><br />Company has been known in the Internet market for almost 4<br />years. Our company is<br />registered and located in Australia . We also have some offices in south -<br />east Europe. <br />For the first two years we basically<br />worked only with clients from Australia, Germany and Northern Korea . Later<br />gradually we managed to penetrate the world market in this sphere thanks<br />to professionals in the Internet technologies, computer graphics and<br />programming who work for us and are capable to execute complex corporate<br />orders an! d to facilitate the exclusive projects. We boast to have clients<br />in other countries. By May, 2004 60 % of all our orders were from clients<br />in the USA and Europe. After the penetration into the world market our<br />turnover increased several times, but at the same time we unfortunately<br />faced certain problems.<br /><br /><br />Popular online - payment systems, such as PayPal (www.paypal.com) and<br />similar ones, BidPay (www.auctionpayments.com), AmericanExpress payment<br />systems (www.americanexpress.com) and other electronic methods of payment<br />are not supported in some countries where payment systems and other<br />electronic methods of payment are not supported our offices opened.. We<br />had a problem with reception of payments from clients since we could not<br />support even the basic and most popular ways of payment. Even when a<br />client made a money transfer with a bank, we could get it from another<br />country only 10-15 days after and therefore our business was inevita! bly<br />ruined. Additionally several factors were against our business. It is not<br />a secret that for the last years the role of online banking has soared up,<br />and many clients would prefer to make money transfers not leaving their<br />house. Therefore bank details of a decent financial institution in a<br />civilized country were necessary for a successful company of our level<br />with good reputation, which was looking forward to find an opportunity to<br />use popular online payment methods which were not available to a citizen<br />We had to find a radically new approach to this<br />problem. The decision to find a financial representative in the USA was<br />made to solve a lot of problems due to payment methods. You, as the<br />citizen the USA can help us with these questions.<br /><br /><br />1. As we are going to entrust to you sufficient sums of money, we'll<br />need some details to check and update the information. Please, send us by<br />e-mail or by fax a copy of your driver's license (or other basic document).<br /><br />After we get this information, our Manadger-Representative will contact you and<br />give further instructions related to this work and will inform about the<br />date to start the work.<br /><br />After filling the form which is lower, we shall send to you the contract. <br /><br />VERY IMPORTANT!!! (It is necessary that you have received the answer to this letter)<br /><br />I. Fill in the form (if this information is specified in your resume, then<br />please send it once again for confirmation):<br /><br />Full name and surname:<br />The address :<br />City:<br />State/ province:<br />Post code:<br />Con tact phone number:<br />E-mail:<br /><br />Our company is registered in 2001 and fully legal. <br />Here is our information.<br />Our Postal Address Is: <br />Financial Services Centre <br />PO Box 231 <br />Civic Square Sydney <br />ACT AUSTRALIA 2608 <br /><br />Our Bank Details are: <br />Account Name: MARKET INTERMEDIARY <br />Account Number 25510683 <br />BSB 056743<br />Swift; CTBAAU2S<br />Fax Australia 61-294-750-607 <br /><br />Regards,<br /><br />" Australian Mediamarket Of the Groups "<br /> <br />

D

DJ

Re: Is this a scam or legit business

ANYBODY that would put a bank number on the internet (public) is operating a SCAM.<br /><br />They're fishing-DON'T bite.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Definitely a scam. I got a similar one yesterday. I do business with Australians every day and as SW has alluded, that was in no way written by an Aussie. As they would say "no way mate".

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I thought I remember reading about some kinda scam like this.<br /><br />Also, they say the have an office in North Korea. Can Australia do business with them?<br /><br />Ken

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

SCAM! it's either an asian or a Nigerian scam artist.<br /><br />I filled out a similar form a few years ago, i used my dog's name and a fictitious ssn, my dog got lots of mail for a while there, eventually the crooks moved on to find others who are gullible :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Definitely not written by a professional, or an Aussie for that matter.<br /><br />A professional Oz businessperson would use correct English and spelling.<br /><br />Gotta be lying about something, maybe everything.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> It's a scam, written by an Asian.
Ditto.<br /><br />Remember, your talking about one of the most overly legally protected countries on the planet, if the originator of this site was Aussie, the authorities would all over it like stink on a t*rd.<br /><br />Aldo

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

As I thought. <br />Never imagined the bad guys would be looking at resumes for information. Kinda makes me wonder.

NYMINUTE

Captain

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. They should be reported to the webmaster of that site.

rogerwa

Commander

I would be that this is a variant of the "I'll send you a cashiers check for $2000 over the amount and you wire me the difference" scam.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

It's MOST definitely a scam, as above-and they want copies of your driver's licence so they can steal your identity and commit fraud with it too. Stay well clear-and NEVER give out any personal information like drivers licence/Social security number online no matter how convincing the "company" looks.<br /><br />For example:-<br />In the UK ,<br />They find out your name,address and date of birth. From that they can get a copy of your birth certificate-and a copy of your drivers licence.<br />With that they can get a passport.<br />They now have enough ID saying that they are you to open a bank account-using YOUR credit rating.<br />They can get an overdraft and credit card with that.<br /><br />Imagine the headache it'll cause you trying to prove that it was't you that did all that.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> I thought I remember reading about some kinda scam like this.<br /><br />Also, they say the have an office in North Korea. Can Australia do business with them?<br /><br />Ken
no, Ken, they said "Northern Korea." Not sure exactly whether they mean northern North Korea, or northern South Korea. ;)

dolluper

Captain

ywaak ywaak sounds like a duck

sincraft

Seaman

you cant imagine how many people are falling for this stuff. The imagination and TIME they are spending to run these scams is amazing...not to mention, that if you have noticed that in the past 2 years or so, most of the first 3 pages of search engines dont really offer what you type in for searches as they are usually relay ads or scams, AMAZING amount of work to make this happen..and the search engines couldnt care less.<br /><br />Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Brits - are being bilked out of BILLIONS of dollars from 3rd world countries...if you only knew the stats on this. There are many many efforts to stop this 'stuff' from occuring but until the government allows us to go after or blockade these countries, we will continue to be preyed upon.<br /><br />NEVER answer ANYTHIGN that comes from ANYONE that you aren't 100% sure you know. If you aren't ask for more information , then ask again, then hit "SPAM" on your email box and forget about it...<br /><br />NEVER send money over the Internet unless it is a store located in your country. And if you can, place your order via telephone with the list of items you want up on the screen...USING A LAND LINE NOT A CELL PHONE OR CORDLESS.<br /><br />Just some tips...<br /><br />S

SoulWinner

Commander

Sincraft, you forgot one thing:<br /><br /><br />Bomb Them!!!!!!

dogsdad

Lieutenant

I like to read those scam solicitations for the entertainment value. The grammar and syntax is always so awkward, and reading their repeated claims of trustworthiness is like watching Pinnochio's nose grow. :D <br /><br /><br />-dd-