Is this a good price for a used rib?

Cadet
Hi, Im looking at a 2000 alliance 15" rib with 50HP 2 stroke Yamaha engine with unregistered trailer. Id have to travel 600 miles one way to get it. The seller says the hypalon tubes get soft overnight and the patches need to be redone. It has a center console with a seat in the front. Is this worth $1500?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is this a good price for a used rib?

If it's hypalon made and tubes are in general mint condition and engine working good it's worth buying and repairing. You are looking at least at $ 12 K or way more if buying new. Ask seller to send some pics to have a close look before driving 600 miles...

Happy Boating

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

The motor itself, depending on where you are.... and the year/shape of the motor, might be worth it alone.

Cadet

The motor itself, depending on where you are.... and the year/shape of the motor, might be worth it alone.

Hmm, never looked at it that way. Its a 2000 motor. Thanks :joyous:

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

Hmm, never looked at it that way. Its a 2000 motor. Thanks :joyous:

A mid 90's 70hp yamaha can get me over $2,000 around here if I wait till prime season to sell it.
Last summer I got $2,500 for a 1990 115hp yamaha.
Now these are motors that are in top shape with verry few hrs on them.

But unless it was really badly abused and neglected I don't think you can go wrong for that price.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

It's worth about $2500 in good condition, however, Alliance at that time, was in economic trouble and many of the boats had "issues".