Is this a good boat to buy and is it priced right?

gmctruck

Cadet
Im looking into buying a 1990 lowe 17' v center console with a 1990 70hp evinrude . The boat has been mostly in fresh water, the engine has had its carbs rebuilt and its been tuned up and runs excellent. the interior has been reapolstered. it comes with a new deck mount 55lbs minnkota trolling motor. the 1992 trailer has new tires,bearings, axle and is galvinized and in real nice shape.hes says it doesnt take on any water. and is asking $4000 or best offer close to that. just want someone elses opinion.

countryboy26047

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Is this a good boat to buy and is it priced right?

Well, aside from telling you to take it out for a sea trial, checking the transom strength, etc. I can tell you that 3yrs ago my dad bought a 1989 Tracker Pro Deep V 17, had the original '89 Evinrude 40hp on the back, foot controlled electric motor, electric anchor, and a bunch of little 'extras'.. it was in immaculate shape and he paid $3200 for it, so assuming everything is solid on that Lowe,and it's clean and what you want, I would think $4000 would be a good starting point for some negotiation.