Is this a decent price

Jdubb16

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all,

I am new to the forum. My wife and I are shopping for a boat and I have begun to get the first round of offers from a couple local dealers. We just went to the local boat show and talked to a couple delaers to get a cursory 'feel' for them and thier establishment. One of the local guys sent us the following offer. The boat has more than I requested, but it is one the showroom floor. What do you think of this price?

'07 Chaparral 210SSI
- Volvo Penta 5.0 GLSX 220h.p.
- Captains pedestal drivers seat
- Snap-in carpet
- Galvanized anchor
- Swim platform
- Convenience pkg.(com.,depth,trans.tilt&stereo remote)
- Cockpit & Bow cover (blue)
- Premium pkg. (dock. lights,flush mount cleats, S.S. bow scuff plate, S.S. cupholders)
- Wide Band Gel Coat- Blue
- Magic Tilt Aluminum T/A trailer w/ brakes
- Coast Guard Kit
- 2 + 4 Volvo Extended Warranty
- All Taxes & Fees included
$33,900 out the door

Do I have a little more room to bargain, I would really like another $1000 off this price (He stated the MSRP for this package was $42,995). I understand they need to make some money and I don't want to be too stingy as I will be taking the boat back to these guys for maintenance and repairs.

Thanks for any input to a Chap newbee.

Jon

Jdubb16

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Is this a decent price

I will keep this thread up to date even though this area does not get much traffic:

Well, I have a little update. I wne to see the boat they were offering and there was an issue. I misread the dealer's email. He said captain's chair (singular) and I thought it said captain's chairs (plural) therefore the boat had the split rear seats and not the sport bench. That was a deal breaker for my wife. I told him we liked the boat except for that and he knock another 2K off to try to get up to bite. My wife really wants the bench, so I sadi no, but asked what he could do for a 2008. Here is what he is now offering - Noticed I bumped the engine size up.

'08 Chaparral 210SSI
- Volvo Penta 5.0 GLSX 270h.p.
- Captains pedestal drivers and passanger seat
- sport bench seating
- Snap-in carpet
- Galvanized anchor
- Swim platform
- Convenience pkg.(com.,depth,trans.tilt&stereo remote)
- Cockpit & Bow cover (blue)
- Premium pkg. (dock. lights,flush mount cleats, S.S. bow scuff plate, S.S. cupholders)
- Wide Band Gel Coat- Blue
- Coast Guard Kit
- 2 + 4 Volvo Extended Warranty
- All Taxes & Fees included
- Free winterization and storage until spring

I omitted the trailer since I am going to be docking it at the marina
$33,000 out the door

Do you think I still have a little room? This is same boat they have on the showroom for and the other day the best the guy could do was $34,750.

Thanks,

Jon

marco-polo

Cadet
Re: Is this a decent price

Your posting is old so you probably already bought your boat. I'm new to this process also. A guy on a Sea Ray forum told me to start at 30% below MSRP. Not sure if Chap's have the same mark-up (I'm close to finding out!) Plus the economy being in the tank has to help me too.