Is there such a thing as a Boat Junk Yard?

Snailman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm in Virginia. I split my time between Northern Virginia and the Northern Neck of Virginia.<br /><br />I recently had the horrible experience of trying to buy used parts for my old pick-up truck from a junk yard but now I'm wondering why there aren't any boat junk yards?<br /><br />I want to buy some odd parts (anchor davit, windshield, windshield wiper etc) but there doesn't seem to be a place for old used parts.<br /><br />Any input?

Stassson

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Is there such a thing as a Boat Junk Yard?

Hello I forget the name of the place but posting a add in classafields before worked for me I need a lower unit and have a few E-Mails back to me. There are alot of supply places they carry old parts . I have found most of themn are around large bodies of water. Good luck

ob1jeeper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's a place I found and used last August, which is in Florida. They had fair pricing on the engine charging system parts I needed for an '83 John-rude, and were a pleasure to deal with. Ask to speak with Iris (Tom's wife). I got the distinct impression it was a "Mom & Pop" salvage yard, from my conversations with Iris.<br /><br /> TOM,S Outboards <br /> 13828 Palm Beach Blvd. <br /> Fort Myers , Florida 33905 <br /> Home of Stormin Normans Toys for the water <br /> Phone # 239-694-3438 <br />Monday thur Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm <br /><br />Good Luck, Obiwan

ob1jeeper

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ajp,<br />Tried clicking on your web site, but it's not there... are you sure it's spelled correctly???<br /><br />Thanx, Obiwan

Snailman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Once again the folks here have come to my rescue!<br /><br />I LOVE THIS FORUM! You guys are the<br /> GREATEST !