Is the Board crawling?

KRS

Banned
Re: Is the Board crawling?

was slow earlier, approx 3 hours ago, but lots of posts on the thread I was trying to load

Pony

Rear Admiral

try doing a disk defrag....its kinda like a decarb for the computer when you think about it.....<br /><br />sorry thats a very lame joke, but i couldnt resist.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Havn't noticed any change on this side of the Mississippi. Must be one of those agrografarius changes in the molar perplexities of the suns hemulations against the earths polar axis. Affects Arizona mostly.

D

DJ

Any of you getting this, on your responses?<br /><br />"Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: ONMOUSEOUT, ONMOUSEOVER"<br /><br />Whatever the heck that means. The board did that a couple weeks ago, not since, until today.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by pony85:<br />sorry thats a very lame joke, but i couldnt resist.
It's true though. :D

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> Must be one of those agrografarius changes in the molar perplexities of the suns hemulations against the earths polar axis.
What OBJ said. :D

D

DJ

Havn't noticed any change on this side of the Mississippi. Must be one of those agrografarius changes in the molar perplexities of the suns hemulations against the earths polar axis. Affects Arizona mostly.<br />
In other words-sunspots/burn.<br /><br />Understood OBJ. ;) :D <br /><br />I thought about the decarb, err, defrag. today, did it, didn't matter. But, my keyboard is cleaner? :D :confused:

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

That is a new one to me too DJ. Sure your puter ain't got a bug?<br /><br />EDIT: Or maybe just loaded up with "temp files" and stuff like that? Might just need a good cleaning out.

KaGee

Admiral

DJ... I been experiencing slow postings for a while now. Sometimes navigation is slow, but mostly updating posts.<br /><br />I do not have this problem at other sites.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Not slow on my cable connection, but I'm where we don't get many sunspots though. :(

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

My machine started slowing down once.....I mean to a crawl. Waited forever just to get on the net. A puter guru friend of mine brought down a program and cleaned all the junk outta' it...temp files and those sneaky little programs that slip in like adware junk. He took off 400+ of those things. Made a big difference. Now I got a couple programs I run every week to keep all that junk out. Don't hurt to decarb once in a while..... :)

brother chris

Commander

No, DJ, must be your puter. <br />Everything seems fine up here in Canada too.

treedancer

Commander

Clean your cache out mine slowed down last week ran cache cleaner had 5.5 meg of cache that perked it up

QC

Supreme Mariner

I had a very slow update after a new post today. I was doing something else and then looked back and it was still "taking you back to . . ." I would say, yes, definitely slower today, but only noticable a few different times.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Yes, more so recently, thought it was on my end, but your post says it may not be. Whatsupwidat!

eeboater

Commander

Hey DJ, <br /><br />Things have been running fine here. as far as this:<br /><br />
Originally posted by DJ:<br />"Sorry, we do not permit the following HTML tag or attribute: ONMOUSEOUT, ONMOUSEOVER"
Those are event tags that are usually associated with actions on a website. For example, when you are hovering over an animated button with your mouse, ONMOUSEOVER would change the button to the "hover" look and ONMOUSEOUT would change the button back to the status when you are not hovering over the button.<br /><br />Not sure how you got that on a post tho!<br /><br />As far as the slowness is concerned - you may have some nasty spyware/adware on your computer. Those buggers suck. If you want, email me at <br /><br />newvonet at gmail dot com<br /><br />and I can provide you some links to stuff I use in my IT Department to protect the machines in my organization.<br /><br />Sean