Iraqi weather

eeboater

Commander
Has anyone seen this? I took a look at what the weather is like in Baghdad... This is what I saw on CNN's website.<br /><br />
1430786-iraqweather.JPG
<br /><br /><br />114*?!?!?! Wowsa... I tell ya, thats some serious heat!<br /><br />Sean

Ralph 123

Captain
Re: Iraqi weather

Ya but ya know, it's that dry, desert heat :D <br /><br />Seriously, please consider making a donation to operation AC which supplies air conditioners to the troops<br /><br /> http://www.operationac.com

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Why don't we get the soldiers ac, big screens, gourmet food served at their tables. Or, we can get in there and fight the battles that need to be fought and get the ell out of there. I know this line of thought aint gonna go over well here. Chief ;)

Ralph 123

Captain

Hey it ain't GITMO Chief ;) We reserve that treatment for the prisoners.<br /><br />Actually, as I'm sure you've seen, they really do get gormet found and big screens in the mess halls now... Probably less need for Operation AC now too. I chipped in at the beginnig when ACs were hard to come by over there and this group with Home Depot was getting them over their fast.

gaugeguy

Captain

I feel for those guys over there. When I landed in Saudi Arabia, it was 126F on the tarmac. You could actually feel your brain baking. I worked the night shift over there, 7pm to 7am, then had to try to sleep during the day in that heat, in a green canvas tent...unbearable is the only word I can think of that comes close to describing how miserable it is in that God forsaken hell-hole they call the middle east this time of year.

NYMINUTE

Captain

If it were not for our troops, I couldn't care less if it hit 250*. Ooops, Guess I am insensitive.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just curiously, what kind of A/C's are sent over? Can I buy a nice one and ship it over myself? I don't care who gets it, I just want some of our guys to cool down in style. If the money is better spent for Operation AC, I'll do that instead. :cool:

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Phoenix - 7:00AM Eastern, 79.6*, 22% humidity.<br />Here - 7:00AM Eastern, 72*, 95% humidity.