Iraq wartime footage video

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer
This is actual wartime footage taken from one of our attack gunship helicopters in Iraq from a few miles away. It’s stuff you won’t see on the 11:00 o’clock news<br /><br />this is a short download from a gunship.enjoy...sl<br /><br />EDIT: RPJS has posted the "LINK" below...sl

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Iraq wartime footage video

That is some awesome fire power.<br /><br />If I were a solider in Iraq I would feel better knowing there was one of these helicopters watching my back.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

So where's the link? I see a wave file line but no link.

Realgun

Commander

That was a rocket propeled gernade that guy was carring into the field. I am so glad they took them out before thy used it however, they could have called field operatives to follow them back to the leaders and got them too.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Or if, before the field ops got to them they used it against our men, then the question would have been why didn't they take it instead of following them. <br />Cool video either way.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have seen several of these types of mission videos. I happen to work for a very large defense company - Lockheed Martin. I work on the program that builds the targeting and night vision system for the Apache AH-64 helo - TADS/PNVS system and the newer upgrade MTADS/Arrowhead system.<br /><br />The Apache with our targeting system and hellfire missiles & that kick a$$ gun is one mean fighting platform.<br /><br />God Bless our troops and keep them safe - Amen...

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

RPPJS, <br />thank you for inserting the "link"!<br />I had run out of time. <br />Were those "explosive" rounds? <br />and how was it that the insergents were unaware of the Apache? <br />Is it possible that there was a second crew marking the target with the chopper quite a distance away?...sl

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

originaly posted by steve n carol<br /> and how was it that the insergents were unaware of the Apache? <br />
The helicopter was probably 2-3 miles away from the target when it fired, the on board targeting systems that Jim makes are more than capable of doing the job over that distance. The insergents would have been totaly unaware.<br /><br />I'm sure if he's allowed Jim could give us some more info on how it all works

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

We need about 10000 more copters, one sitting on every corner in Bagdad, and POOF no more bad guys.<br /><br />BTW, it was very professionally handled.<br /><br />Ken