IR Laser Thermometer

topgun3690

Ensign
Posted this in the Non Boating Technical Topics and got no response......Need to get one of these. There are so many and the reviews are all over the place.....so if you have one and like it could you give me the brand and model #? I would trust real experience from yall rather than reviews on Amazon....thanks. (y)

Dubed

Petty Officer 1st Class
Posted this in the Non Boating Technical Topics and got no response......Need to get one of these. There are so many and the reviews are all over the place.....so if you have one and like it could you give me the brand and model #? I would trust real experience from yall rather than reviews on Amazon....thanks. (y)
I use a Milwaukee at work (about $90.00). It works just fine and is pretty bullet proof.
I also have a Ryobi that is about 1/ the money. It also works fine, but definately not as robust. I wouldnt trust it bouncing around in a tool box on a boat.
Both from Home Depot

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Bought mine at Harbor Freight $16
I beat the H%$# out of it and it works and works and works!!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
got one from amazon as a gift. it was $17 or so. works fine as it sits in my tool box until needed. its used as a diagnostic tool, so I am not concerned if the surface its reading is +/-3% or better.