Investing in a boat

Jefff

Cadet
I've decided that a boat is a wonderful investment. Buying that beautiful brand new expensive boat is the best thing that you can do with your money. Unlike the stock market, when your boat depreciates 10% at least you've had a lot of enjoyment out of it. Many of us have seen our investments lose 10% in the last couple of weeks. It would have been much more rewarding having that money go into a boat purchase.

erikrs301

Cadet
Re: Investing in a boat

10% depreciation + maintenance costs + accessories + fuel + repairs + slip fees + storage = far from "investment" ;)

ZmOz

Captain

Or you could just buy a used boat and let someone else take the hit. Buying any kind of new vehicle is one of the worst investments you can make.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Being from (TheOC) money is most likely not an issue..

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Gary H NC.:<br /> Being from (TheOC) money is most likely not an issue..
Ever been to Orange county? I see alot more poor people there than I see at home in OR. ;)

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

A boat is not an investment. It's a recreational device. The question is, how much are you willing to invest in that type of recreation and for how long....period.<br /><br />Sorry but facts are facts. BTDT many times.<br /><br />Mark

Jefff

Cadet

Everyone is taking my post much too seriously. Since the recent downturn in the stock market our retirement plan has lost a substantial amount of money. I was just commenting on how if that money was all tied up in a boat it wouldn't make much difference and we would be enjoying it much more.<br /><br />BTW: It does take quite a bit of money to live in Orange County but due to the high cost of living once you pay all of your bill there isn't much left over.