intex excursion 5 - stretched under heat

axb3909

Recruit
I recently bought an Intex Excursion 5 for fishing. I had my first trip on the boat last week from early morning to noon. I inflated the boat to proper pressure using the provided ruler on the gauge near the rear hull. Every went fine. I did notice that the boat got a little hot to touch while we were fishing.

When I got home, and try to pump it up to remove all the debris and water out, I notice that the gauge in the hull is no longer accurate. Even when it is deflated, it's already surpass the level on the ruler about 1cm.

I think the boat has stretched from the trip because I didn't relieve the pressure when temperature increase. I didn't have the air pressure gauge at that time.

The maximum pressure this boat takes is around 1psi.

Is this ok to use as long as I pump in 1psi and keep checking the pressure for next trip to prevent it from further stretching?

Does anyone know what the pressure supposed to be for the air floor in this boat?

Thanks.

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: intex excursion 5 - stretched under heat

Don't know about your boat, my Achiiles air floor is 9psi.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Partskenn, you are comparing a near professional sib against a cheap water toy, air floor pressure should be same as tubes. This info should be written inside owner's manual.

Happy Boating

axb3909

Recruit

So do you guys think the boat is ok for use? The stretch is only in the 2nd chamber, not the 3rd.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

So do you guys think the boat is ok for use? The stretch is only in the 2nd chamber, not the 3rd.

Call Intex and see if they'll send you another one under warranty. They probabaly won't, in which case you should just continue to use it until you no longer can (provided I understood correctly that the issue is in the floor only and we're not talking about whitewater). This is a case of getting what you pay for, but a goobered up floor isn't going to sink you, so don't overthink it too much.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Intex has a extremely poor web page, no nothing on line, even owners manual or inflating procedures whatsoever, shame on them. Does the sib has a pressure gauge for each inflatable chamber ? Can you post some pics of the related problem ? Assume the air floor is a ballon like and not fiber criss/crossed as in more professional air mats, if so, you cannot inflate to hgiher pressures or you will end busting that air floor.

Happy Boating

partskenn

Petty Officer 1st Class

Partskenn, you are comparing a near professional sib against a cheap water toy, air floor pressure should be same as tubes. This info should be written inside your owner's manual.

Happy Boating

Sorry for the bad info. Wasn't familiar with his brand, probably should not have posted that reply.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Don't worry, it's impossible to know each brand :D price is what puts limits between both mentioned brands.

Happy Boating