Intersting stats on Illegal immigration

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
I read this week that 12.5% of all Mexican citizens are now in the USA.<br /><br />Then I read this.<br /><br />The number of immigrants detained in the Rio Grande Valley sector from countries other than Mexico — whom the agency refers to as ''OTMs" — compared with the total number of immigrants detained: <br /><br /> OTMs Total <br />2005* 70,305 119,470 <br />2004 26,437 96,641 <br />2003 14,919 81,185 <br />* Fiscal year 2005, which began Oct. 1, 2004. All years are fiscal years. <br /><br /><br />Where they're from<br />The countries where the "OTMs" detained so far this fiscal year hail from: <br /><br />• Brazil: 21,734 <br /><br />• Honduras: 21,021 <br /><br />• El Salvador: 17,227 <br /><br />• Guatemala: 5,802 <br /><br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Intersting stats on Illegal immigration

that is interesting...curious about "12.5% of Mexican citizens..." what's the source? <br /><br />Be nice to have some perspective...<br />=>What's the total number of Mexican citizens in the US? <br />=>How many live in other countries besides the US? <br />=>Is that an estimate including undocumented immigrants?<br />=>If so, what portion of 'em is documented?<br />=>What percent of American citizens are ex-pats? Or better yet, what percent of the world population? What's the distribution of expats by country of residence?<br /><br />Just whenever you get a minute to do some research. :) <br /><br />thanks.

D

DJ

What's the total number of Mexican citizens in the US? <br />
Irrelavent<br /><br />
How many live in other countries besides the US? <br />
That's obvious, they all USED to.<br /><br />
Is that an estimate including undocumented immigrants?<br />
No estimate-real numbers of UNDOCUMENTED (Illegal) aliens.<br /><br />
If so, what portion of 'em is documented?<br />
Obviously-NONE.<br /><br />
What percent of American citizens are ex-pats? Or better yet, what percent of the world population? What's the distribution of expats by country of residence?<br />
Irrelevant.<br /><br />Note: These numbers do not include, New Mexico, Arizona or California. Arizona and New Mexico numbers are MUCH higher.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I tried looking for the source on the 12.5% and couldnt find anything, I heard it on the radio.<br /><br />Ken

txswinner

Banned

Hope it was no Rush. Just kidding. But lots of numbers get thrown around on the air.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

No, I dont listen to Rush or any other right wing radio guys.<br /><br />Ken

eeboater

Commander

Rush has been proven to be right 98.5% of the time. IMO, I hope it WAS Rush... Then we know the numbers are right.<br /><br />Sean

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Not so much that I doubt the 12.5% figure, I just don't know how to interpret it...for example, if 1% of American citizens live abroad then I would think 12.5% is huge. Also if it includes illegals then who knows what kind of estimate it is. Does Mexico even know how many citizens it has? My wife's grandmother's little brother has no papers, he was born during the revolution & never got a birth certificate.<br /><br />It's a known fact...78% of all statistics are made up on the spot. ;)

tommays

Admiral

look at this way if there are enough HERE from THERE to make it a problem ALL the way up here on on long island<br /><br />then thats a heck of a lot of people you should see how many day workers are around 7-11 stores all over the place picking up day jobs<br /><br />and then there are the ones who buy good enough paper to get a real job which is also a massive amount<br /><br />and the bigger problem its to dam easy to forge ID papers that will pass the goverment checks in place <br /><br /><br />tommays