Interior paint

vegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im redoing the floor in my boat and I dont want to recarpet. I want to paint or coat it with something that is durable and non-skid. Im worried that carpet might hold water or hide future floor problems. Whats a good paint to use? anybody have pictures of their solutions?

vegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Interior paint

Has anyone tried ultratuff? its from the Seacast guys... Im not sure how good it can be since its one-component.

vegard,<br /><br />I don't know what kind of boat you have, but I was going to do something similar on my 18' Fish/Ski that I use primarily for wakeboarding. If this is strictly a fishing boat you might like the look, but if it is a ski boat, and you like that look, then I would not recommend it. All of my friends chided me that I owned a "shrimping boat" when they saw it.<br /><br />Regardless, if you're going to do this here is what I tried:<br /><br />First, tried some Marine Epoxy or Enamel or something like that. It comes in two cans that you mix. They added some "SharkBite" poweder to the mixture for me to give it a rough coating so that it would be non-slip. Well, $160 later, it was very slippery. I tried doing another coat with about twice as much powder in it. That did nothing. Then I tried some poweder that Boater's World had that was basically the same thing, and I got the same results. The last thing I tried was a textured roller which did not do a thing for me either. It's possible that if I had sprayed it on, it may have come out better.<br /><br />What I should have done was get some CoteLiner (kind of like Rhino Liner/Line-X) and used that. It's even more expensive, but I think that it would've worked.<br /><br />What I ended up doing was installing carpet using Indoor/Outdoor contact cement. The I/O carpet that I purchased at home depot cost about $120 with the glue and trowel. It looks fantastic and in my opinion is higher quality carpet than what the manufacturer used originally. Now I have great carpeting with a $150 primer coat. Oh well, what are you gonna do?<br /><br />CP

SystemF

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Destiny...don't mean to post jack here , but do you have a tower installed?

bubbakat

Captain

vegard go to wally world and get you some rhino bed liner to coat it with just roll it on 15 bucks a qt and if you want it a little more textured use a little masonry sand in it I used it and it works great

vegard

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im thinking more and more that carpet may be the way to go after all... it is a ski boat. I guess it shouldnt be a problem because I plan to take care of teh boat really well.