Interference noise in speakers

jbh350

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all, <br />I am experiencing a humming noise in my stereo speakers when ever I run my fridge or battery charger. Any suggestions?<br />Thanks

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Interference noise in speakers

Turn off the stereo!<br /><br />No, seriously, you can get a filter from Radio shack that will solve your problems, dont by the cheapest one.

ndemge

Commander

Lube's got it.<br /><br />What your looking for is called a "ground loop isolator" ... <br />Radio shack sells 2 types, small canister looking one for low amp, and a larger square one for higher amperage.<br /><br />I always have to put these on my car stereo's to get rid of interference.<br /><br />If you are running an amp far away from your head unit, you may need to get one inline for the RCA lines as well.

BayStealth

Cadet

The filters are the best first fix, if it still doesn't go away you need to check the grounds that are feeding your components. If they are all grounded together, you need to separate them and individually ground them. Also, if you can, try to make the ground circuit as short as you can. Also, do not have power wires attached to speaker or RCA cables, like taped together or zip tied together. This can cause the wire to get interference directly from the power wires.

18rabbit

Captain

jbh350

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for all the advise, I will try filtering the noise.