Interesting story on Kimber....

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
A while back there was a thread about what handguns we owned and Kimbers name was brought up by many.....here is a little news story about Kimber (and after have dealings with them as a dealer it doesn't surprise me one bit)<br /> <br />Full Story Here <br /><br /><br />Partial story....<br /><br />"PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - U.S. federal prosecutors charged a man on<br />Thursday with embezzling more than $10 million from a company where he<br />was chief financial officer, one year after his bookkeeper mother was<br />convicted of stealing $1.3 million from a synagogue.<br /><br />Denis Schusterman was accused of siphoning money from Kimber<br />Manufacturing, a firearms company in Yonkers, New York, to his own bank<br />account, according to U.S. Attorney Patrick Meehan of the eastern<br />district of Pennsylvania."

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Interesting story on Kimber....

It's hard to imagine how someone could do that for any length of time. Kimber is not that big of a company. You'd think that missing 10 million would have closed the doors.<br /><br />As a side note, I bought an old Hyster forklift, at auction, from the bankruptcy sale of the original Kimber in Colton, Oregon, back in the early 90's. Still have it today.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

After getting hosed by Kimber I would me more than happy to see the doors closed.<br /><br />They went out of their way to shaft dealers.....

f_inscreenname

Commander

Still is a great gun no matter where or who it came from. The pride of my collection.

NYMINUTE

Captain

This dude is one terrific example of good old American Greed. But he didn't farm the money out to Mexico.