Interesting Ebay thoughts

Kenneth Brown

Captain
I noticed that people are selling Walmart gift cards on Ebay. Now there is no way to know how much is actually on the card but people are buying them. Look it up and you'll see. Sure seems like a setup for a scam to me. Shopping card

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Interesting Ebay thoughts

Now check this one out. This guy is BUYING a card with a value of $25.00. The bid is $24.44 and the shipping is 75 cents. It costs more than what the card is worth. Are these people just stupid or what?<br /><br /><br /> Ignorant fools

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

nah, they just lost $.19 on buying the card online, but probably saved a bunch by not actually going to wal-mart and getting it. Think about it. $.19 in gas won't get you to Wal-mart unless you live right across the street. Plus, anyone knows that it's almost impossible to walk into Wal-mart and buy only what you're there to get. Pretty smart buy if you ask me.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Aren't they gonna USE it at Walmart? Kinda throws the whole gas thing out the window. How do you know that the card actually has something on it?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yea, I was going to say, they still have to get to Wal-Mart.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

why would someone buy a gift card to use at wal-mart for themselves? I would bet it is a gift for someone else. Hence the name "gift card".

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I carry one around. If I happen to not have cash or checks it is handy to have. It keeps me from having to use a credit card. I also use it at the gas pumps. They take 3 cents a gallon off if you use the card.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

But you still have to get to Wal-Mart to use them there, so I guess you get the gas with them on the way. :D

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> I carry one around. If I happen to not have cash or checks it is handy to have. It keeps me from having to use a credit card. I also use it at the gas pumps. They take 3 cents a gallon off if you use the card.
I carry one also. But I didn't buy mine, it was given to me. I can understand buying one for the cheaper gas, but how often do you find yourself going in wal-mart with no means to pay except for the wal-mart gift card you bought for yourself?

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I give, ok. You win. The people are a frigging genius. They have thought of something that will change the world in which we live. I have seen the light. Now I guess I'll just throw my damn guns away and vote for Kerry too while I'm acting like a an ignorant fool.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

That is the stupidest thing ever on ebay.<br /><br />Ken

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

This blows me away...why would anybody carry a Wallmart card for emergency. I keep a couple of hundred dollar bills stashed for emergency. And why would someone buy one from someone they don't know for more than the trade-in value. I guess each to his own...some folks like wallmart cards, I just like money...why did I even reply on this thread... :rolleyes:

bubbakat

Captain

Another way for wal-mart to drum up business if you ask me.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I think the cards are being auctioned off by people who have recieved them and would rather have the cash than credit at Walmart.

Clams Canino

Commander

Originally posted by Mark42:<br /> I think the cards are being auctioned off by people who have recieved them and would rather have the cash than credit at Walmart.
Prolly kids with drug issues.<br /><br />-W