Interest other than boats/motors?

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
Interest other than boats/motors?<br /><br />This has probably been asked in the past.<br /><br />My interest, besides wife, family, my dogs, are computers, gaming, especially flight-sims. I'm a Flight Sim fanatic. I'm currently flying Microsoft's FS9, which is pretty neat with the air traffic control and all the add-ons you can get for it off the web. I played Everquest for 4 years on the Zeb server with 2 accounts. I finally broke the Evercrack habit selling my accounts to the computer guys at the Sheriff's Office.<br />I've always liked boating but never owned one until recently. I worked for years in Arizona for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office and was assigned to Lake Patrol in a support capacity. 8 hours a day on a 20-22 foot boat in 100 plus temperature has its limits. <br />I bought 2 jetski's last year and liked those but we got tired of them, sold em and bought the deckboat. <br />I trout fished in AZ regulary. I havent fished much here in Florida. I did buy a fishing pole this weekend, heck, I also got a fishing license.<br /><br />Ok, enough about me....<br /><br />Who's next? :eek:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Interest other than boats/motors?

Guns, cars. . .any kind of machinery.<br /><br />Flora and fauna of The Hideout.<br /><br />My descendants.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Intrests other than boats and motors? What else is there??? :D <br /><br />Just kidding. My Mom is into family geneology and I kinda follow her a little on this. I also enjoy getting out and walking fields and along the river bank for Indian artifacts. My area here along the Ohio has seen it's share of Indian Nations. Interesting.<br /><br />What I really enjoy is a quiet day on the river with she herself, drifting and drownding worms.

steam_mill

Chief Petty Officer

My main interests are from April 'till November my cottage which now boasts dish washer, satelite TV, Air conditioning, 2 boats, canoe etc. etc. It is my wife's, my dog's and my little piece of heaven.<br /><br />During these months I am very busy maintaining this property and fishing and of course boating.<br /><br />December to March is when I suffer from 'cottage fever' just dying to get to the cottage (about once a month during this time). See my related post called 'How do you get throught the winter.'<br /><br />I'm lucky that my boss always has a lot of work for me to do during the fall and winter months and then sends me to work in the area where my cottage is (2 hours out of Toronto).<br /><br />My wife says I need a hobby for the winter. I thought about restoring an old 'vette or mustang but I've concluded that during the summer months is when I would use it but I won't have time for it....<br /><br />Joe

ndemge

Commander

Restoring '71 Chevy G30 Camper Van<br /><br />Shooting fireworks, Class C and B<br /><br />Working with computers<br /><br />that keeps me busy at the moment.

Link

Rear Admiral

Way to many to list them all, which is one reason I have so many 1/2 finished projects around here ... must have at least 5-7 half finished black powder pistols and rifles in the gun cabinet, but to finish them I need to finish restoring my wood/metal working machine.. (1920 era) Shoe repair machine. But before I can do that I need a place to use it.. so gots to build a shop to put it in. Got all inspired by the folks here in the boat project and bought everything I needed to finish putting my boat back together last May but the next thing I knew it was raining again so I put it in the back yard under cover and put all the tools needed for finishing the house in the 1/2 finished garage.<br />When I'm not doing those, between ham radio (with 50 or so 1/2 finished projects) metal detecting club and now I have IBOATS! :) <br />I need a time management course! No wait I bought one, I'm about 1/2 way through it! :D :D :D <br /><br />So many Toy's and So Little Time :)

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

Being in Africa on eis afforded the ideal opportunity for wildlife videoing. I have a Canon XL1 digital video camera which I use, mostly videoing in the Kruger National Park. This footage is then mastered on my PC with a digital editing suite to which I then write DVD's. Don't much time though.<br /><br />Also love HiFi and have spent way too much on my kit. Don't get the opportunity to listen anymore.<br /><br />Have also built a 8" newtonian telescope to find that star gazing is not my thing, constuction is. Sold it.<br /><br />We as a family also love taking our caravan and boat to the water to camp and do a little fishing.<br /><br />Cheers<br />Andrew

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Andrew, I use a Canon GL-1 at work for surveillance, its the cheaper cousin to the XL-1.<br />I have a 3rd Gen night vision scope I can attach to it also. <br />We just got 2 thermal imaging devices. Wow, these things are cool. These are black and white and have good range to them.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Guns, computers, boats and fishing. My/Our house, the car and truck, and most importantly, my son.<br />Hey TPD211, have you ever been on TV? The Maricopa S.O. is always on "Cops". I love to see the bad guys go down!

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yup I've been on TV, news stuff and Crime Line stuff but its been years.<br />I worked for Maricopa S.O. but that was back in 1989 before I moved to Florida. Phoenix P.D. was on cops back then. I saw a bucnh of guys I knew. <br />I'm a folically challenged mature male with close eye sightedness, not a pretty pictue on TV... :)

ezbtr

Commander

I like to shoot some of my milsurp rifles, offroad, computers (to a point)FISH!, maintain Jeeps, hangout w/ kids espec. my little 5 yr old son Karl :) . Heinz