Intake and Carb

Superbee

Seaman
I have found out this is a Marine Carb #17080561<br />but i think the intake Manifold and Possably the Heads are not Marine<br />Whats the Differance?<br />Thanks

Superbee

Seaman
Re: Intake and Carb

ok next question, there only 1 Vacuum port on this<br />Manifold and Carb and it runs to a canister in the back of the boat, this engine had alot of blowby coming out of the filler cap but the compression was good had 170psi in all cyls, is there anyway to install a PCV valve? it has a hose running from the Ventilator Assembly to the outside of the Aircleaner to me that doesn't work very well<br /><br />Any ideas?<br /><br />Thanks

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

My ford 302 has a pcv valve on one of the valve covers. My carburetor 1" spacer has a vacuum port. There is a hose running between the two. <br /><br />It would not be hard to rig that on your engine.

Superbee

Seaman

I never thought about that, good idea Ford did that alot, mine is a Chevy v-8 should be a 327 but who knows, it has a Rochester Quadrajet on it Not Factroy, i did think i this if i install a spacer<br />i would lose my choke and it work real well.<br />Would it be possable to install a T in the only port there is or would that cause Damage to what ever it's running in the back of the Boat, any idea what it is i can take a pic if you like?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Why would you lose your choke? I'm curious what the vacuum device is in the back of the boat?

flashback

Captain

posted April 21, 2005 06:08 PM<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> I have found out this is a Marine Carb #17080561<br />but i think the intake Manifold and Possably the Heads are not Marine<br />Whats the Differance?<br />Thanks <br />
What are ya comparing to??? You can sure mis-match a carb to a manifold..

Superbee

Seaman

The rod is only so long this is not the Factory Manifold and Carb. heres a pic of what in the back the cable runs to Stern?<br />I was just asking if there the same i thought they would work i beleave that the intake has been changed along with the heads, i don't even know if it's a 327 like it should be any way to tell?<br />Numbers some where?<br />
device.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Sorry Superbee, I don't have a clue what that is. Maybe you ought to start from the beginning and tell us exactly what you have there. ie Make, model, outdrive, year, etc. It would be helpful for someone who might have something similar.

Superbee

Seaman

It's a 1968 Mark Twain Model 18-225-Deluxe Close B<br />Engine 225 GM 327 V-8 1963-1966 <br />Stern II 1964-1967 <br />I will be trying a buch of diferent things once i get this started, Should be today, my manifolds will be here

flashback

Captain

Superbee, what am I looking at? is that a steering ram? looks like ya have one hot wire ready to strike like a rattle snake.. :D :D

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Superbee:<br /> It's a 1968 Mark Twain Model 18-225-Deluxe Close B<br />Engine 225 GM 327 V-8 1963-1966 <br />Stern II 1964-1967 <br />I will be trying a buch of diferent things once i get this started, Should be today, my manifolds will be here
Stern II????

Superbee

Seaman

I had the wires pulled back off the Manifold i had the intake off i beleave thats the Tach wire that wasn't hooked up, i don't know what that thing is thats why i was asking what it was, it uses the Only Vacuum port on the motor what i want to do is install a PCV to get rid of some of the blowby but didn't want to Hurt that part with oil.<br />This is what i'm going to try i bought a PCV Valve 5/16 i'm going to install it inline with that Device so it will pull Vacuum but won't let oil back into it add a T and run the other hose to the back of the motor where there is a port that run into the engine block, See what happens