Insurance Fraud!! The companies themselves!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander
Just noticed here in Wisconsin that the U.W. Childrens Hospital recieved $10 million in a donation from American Family Insurance Company for their new building.<br /><br />THAT IS - $10,000,000.00 - <br /><br />I don't know how to even think about this other than what a freakin' SHAM!!<br /><br />Am I out of line here for thinking this is a total show of insult to the American public and our policiy holdings with insurance companies??<br /><br />and to think that of ALL PLACES - A DAMN HOSPITAL GOT $10,000,000.00 IN CASH AS A DONATION!!??.. FROM AN INSURANCE COMPANY!!??

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Insurance Fraud!! The companies themselves!

Hey, Nationwide built the Stadium in Columbus for their NHL franchise.<br /><br />This is nothing new.

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

Im not trying to pick a fight but no buddy ever said they werent in bussiness to not make money

spratt

Lieutenant

Insurance, one of our NECESSARY EVILS in this life, is one of the most outrageously priced "bargains" one can buy. I have been licensed to sell Life / Healt / Disability insurance in Washington State for several years, but am not working in it now. I have worked for several different companies, and I can tell you that they are scammers!!! But, you gotta have insurance!!! Some laws dictate insurance, especially auto, yet they pick and choose their clients when they want to...using your good ol' credit report to either allow or deny you coverage. Aren't they just sweet???

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

speaking of fraud, how about the State Farm $40 million settlement for failing to issue "salvage" titles on totalled cars?<br /><br /> news coverage

D

DJ

But, you gotta have insurance!!! Some laws dictate insurance, especially auto, yet they pick and choose their clients when they want to...using your good ol' credit report to either allow or deny you coverage. Aren't they just sweet???<br />
Yep, that's the way it is. I've run across many "motorists" that don't seem to want to play in the game. In AZ it's 43% that don't feel like they need to protect themsleves, with insurance. Actually, they're dissing me as a paying motorist. The "unpaid" put everyone at risk. <br /><br />If everyone was insured, rates would come down.<br /><br />Play the game now, or, the government steps in and we'll all pay more. <br /><br />Oops, I forgot, the illegals get a free ride. :mad: <br /><br />No insurance, no passport, no working papers, no drivers license. NO PROBLEM! If they don't run from the scene of the accident, we treat them in the hospitals-NO CHARGE-NO PENALTY, NO FOUL! WHAT A DEAL!

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

NJ has decided to require BOAT INSURANCE. AND one should always buy insurance from a mutual company instead of a stock company

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

[QUOTE<br />Yep, that's the way it is. I've run across many "motorists" that don't seem to want to play in the game. In AZ it's 43% that don't feel like they need to protect themsleves, with insurance. Actually, they're dissing me as a paying motorist. The "unpaid" put everyone at risk. <br />[/quote]<br /><br />In the UK its 1 in 5 uninsured . Got hit by some illegals in a car called the police as they didnt seem to give the correct details. Police said I was being racist, strange it turned out all there details were false. So I was factually correct but not politically!.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Chris, glad to see the stupidity of PC is global.<br /><br />Insurance is the biggest ripoff. You are gambling you will have a problem.<br /><br />When was the last time you heard of an insurance company going out of business?<br /><br />Ken

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

kagee- I know I've seen this around for some time (.. plus the fact that Am.Fam. is headquartered here in Madison and built their own little town on the outskirts.. ) I saw a commercial lastnight featuring an Olympic speed skater from WI asking for donations on-top of crediting Am.Fam. with theirs ... :mad: <br /><br />Its amazing that they feel the need to up everyones rates when they're so FAT themselves. When I was a job super. for a high-end residential contractor I delt with a few Am.Fam. executives that were total $$ pricks that wanted something for nothing everytime they opened their damn mouths.<br /><br />Had a hard time pumping $37/hr out of them on extras and add-ons to cover carpentry expenses. yet they're 'pumping our pants' on the other end with their business ..<br /><br />where's the ethics behind this??? shouldn't we as consumers and clients feel the fat get trimmed??

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

WAJAJA be carefull with mutual companies you can be assessed when a big claim happens

D

DJ

Police said I was being racist, strange it turned out all there details were false. So I was factually correct but not politically!.
Politicism is the driving force. If only we Americans could understand that. We don't even vote (en mass) for the people that represent us.<br /><br />I rest my case.<br /><br />As a sidenote.<br /><br />
Its amazing that they feel the need to up everyones rates when they're so FAT themselves. When I was a job super. for a high-end residential contractor I delt with a few Am.Fam. executives that were total $$ pricks that wanted something for nothing everytime they opened their damn mouths.<br />
My point was missed. We're all paying for the un-insured. And, does anyone think a contractor might "PAD" a bid? <br /><br />I think so. I cannot even get one to keep an appointment, much less a bid promise.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Skiuseme:<br /> Im not trying to pick a fight but no buddy ever said they werent in bussiness to not make money
I'm not against people making money ... not at all!! I've never worked for a 'poor' man. ;)

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

big business...most profits...Church, Insurance, Banking.<br /><br />My prefect business..a short strip mall that has..a check cashing place...a pawn shop...a liqueur store...and, a gentle mens club that also services.<br /><br />All businesses noted above cater to mankind's needs. But, the three included in the first of this post are hugely profitable. AND, all are undeniably similar.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

DJ .. I didn't miss your point, I agree with and see that there is a 'protection' factor with the uninsured that they assume in their overhead.. (not to open a can of worms here but, if I'm not mistaken, thats usually settled behind the scenes in a court room or behind a desk.. correct me if I'm wrong...auto claims that is)<br /><br />I also feel the same about the non-paying motorists!! <br /><br />I had first hand experience with this when the ex-wife hit one that crossed traffic pulling a boat behind a beat-up p/u that apparently didn't see the brand new 1999 Ford Expedition traveling at 55mph on an open HWY.. :rolleyes: <br /><br />but this is bigger then just auto .. anyone that owns anything pays it (well you know..).<br /><br />As far as builders go DJ.. plenty of gougers hacks and idots out there! What I was refering to in my experience is beyond the norm here DJ.<br /><br />As far as "high-end" gos ..talking 20,000+sqft. home running in the $3.4 million range.. a bigger electrical access then a strip mall and 4 different "mechanical rooms" with exterior bricks that COST $.22ea EXTRA and did the installation video for Pella Windows on this place ... if ya know what I'm gettin' at here. ;) <br /><br />btw - if ya need a bid on something ..I'd be happy to assist. :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> big business...most profits...Church, Insurance, Banking.<br /><br />My prefect business..a short strip mall that has..a check cashing place...a pawn shop...a liqueur store...and, a gentle mens club that also services.<br /><br />All businesses noted above cater to mankind's needs. But, the three included in the first of this post are hugely profitable. AND, all are undeniably similar.
you bet PJC .. on a side note: 99% of Mexico was owned at one time by the Catholic church.. :rolleyes:

TilliamWe

Banned

My prefect business..a short strip mall that has..a check cashing place...a pawn shop...a liqueur store...and, a gentle mens club that also services.<br />
And the first time one of you esteemed customers trips on your sidewalk and sues you for a million dollars, you'll be thankful that your insurance company pays for your lawyer, and the eventual settlement!<br /><br />We are all paying for the uninsured, and the DISHONEST who falsify or exaggerate claims.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I agree .. but,.. it seems that we're paying for some made-up expenses or some BS that is allowing these companies to hand-out cash on a regular basis like crack dealers handing out free samples to first time users... <br /><br />These people are ripping us off HUGE!! paying for others .. HOG WASH!!<br /><br />just for starters I myself have:<br />2 fully covered newer vehicles<br />3 power boats <br />2 snowmobiles<br />1 quad<br />my residence<br />a "huntin' shack"<br />my business <br />a life policy<br />a health policy<br /><br />and no claims since I got rid of my 'liability' of a wife.. sure the protection is there in the mean time until something tragic occurs .. but what the HELL is going on here.. look around your nieghborhood and calculate in your head what the possible sum is there ... <br />heck - just on your block or even your 'township'.. Its rediculous!!!! :mad: :confused: :mad:

dolluper

Captain

Insurance companys build all the tallest and biggest buildings around the world so the executives can spot all the suckers they have on their list of policy holders