Installing replacement Spreader Light - Nothing is Easy

newsailor130

Cadet
forget it, i seem to have gotten it working.... corrosion on the leads.... The spreader light on my 1977 Pacemaker 32 failed, so I took it off and bought a new Seadog 12v 35W spreader light, which looks like a direct replacement. However, when i test it,prior to actually connecting it, it won't work. It has good continuity (0 ohms), and my multi-meter says I am getting 12V from the power cord, but when i touch them all together, no light. So what's up? Am I not getting enough wattage or amperage or whatever to the light? Why is nothing easy on a boat??? Please help! This should have been easy...

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
and my multi-meter says I am getting 12V from the power cord, but when i touch them all together, no light. So what's up?

Ayuh,..... What about the Ground,..??

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
If its led they are voltage directional, did you switch the leads?

newsailor130

Cadet
Hi guys, i figured it out. it really was just corrosion on the wires. I am good. How do I delete this thread?

Bondo

Staff member
Hi guys, i figured it out. it really was just corrosion on the wires. I am good. How do I delete this thread?

Ayuh,..... Ya don't,..... it sinks into the archives to help others in the future,......